Do You Prefer An Automatic Or Manual Washing Machine?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by moneymania • May 5, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    When I was little I remember we had what was called a twin tub machine. It was such hard work having to fill it and empty it and I can't even remember how the clothes were rinsed but you would have to haul all the washing out, squeeze out the water and put it in the spinner. I would just hate to have to do all that again. I love my automatic machine and if it broke tomorrow I would find a way to get a new one as I can't bear to be without it.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66, Yes I remember that kind of washing machine, that's what I also used to do, and squeezing the clothes can be a real hassle. But it seems like a lot of people are still buying it because they are still being sold in the stores and not phased out.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania - I had no idea you could still get them and I would never want to go back to them as I remember when I started doing my own washing as a teen, they were such hard work. You had to put a pipe into the sink to drain the water and if it fell out it would flood the place .. such a chore!

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    We live in an extremely modern world (at least in most countries) and time is a very large and extremely valid "currency of exchange". So, an automatic washing machine is obviously my choice. :cool:

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66, Yes, that partucular type of washing machine is still very much available over here. I guess in 1st world countries they are not being sold anymore? And our washing machine was placed outside of our home so we just placed that plastic drain on the ground near the drain.

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We are having a fully automatic WhirlPool that is 25 years old and still looks and works like brand new. We have not replaced any parts but have had minor issues which have been rectified. We take good care of it. If it is kept away from elements it stays good for a long period of time.