Do you prefer Cats or Dogs?

Discussion in Pets started by sarz • Mar 6, 2014.

?

Do you prefer Cats to Dogs?

1. Cats

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Dogs

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Fdot

FdotNew Member

Threads:
    Cats are much less responsibility, don't need as much attention and yet are still there when you need to relieve stress and cuddle. That being said, I have never owned a dog and I can see the appeal in a loyal animal companion! Both animals are adorable and relieve stress effectively, but I'm going to have to make a biased decision and say cats.

2. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer cats, although I do have a dog. Dogs are very dependent. They need a lot from you. Cats are very independent. Heck, my cats know how to get water out of the tap if they need to. My dog can't do that. My cats also know how to open a room door if they need to. I think it's a pretty neat trick. Also, I live in the tropics and lizards get into your house. Cats are a necessity to keep the lizard population down in your house.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm an animal lover in general, I couldn't possibly choose. To pick one animal over another would be the same as asking me whether I would prefer a girl or a boy when pregnant lol. Totally different creatures, but loved just the same. I've always had cats and dogs, in fact, this is the first time in my life I haven't had a dog (still have cats). I haven't had the heart to get another since my last died and I'm thinking she was it.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Dogs are truly attached to people, they are loyal and you can genuinely tell that they are happy when you are around. I've had the pleasure of owning a dog before, and I found her to be much more expressive than some other people I know!

On the other hand, cats seem pretty indifferent to your presence. Unless its time for lunch, then they'll start meowing "FEED ME HUMAN." There just isn't as much of a relationship element between a cat and her owner.

Overall I guess it depends on why you want a pet? If you just want a no-fuss companion, go for a cat. If you want to forge a close bond with an animal who will love you many times more than you dote on it, go for a dog! Definitely a dog lover for myself.