Do you prefer Driving or flying

Discussion in Travel started by niceness8000 • Aug 29, 2012.

1. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think some locations can be reached by simply driving. As you can see that flying is mostly for the regions which are far away from your home. And that's one more thing about vacation. I can't afford flights as of now. So I have to be understanding of all of that. And also driving is one thing I have yet to learn. So both counts, I am not much comfortable as of yet.

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I think I prefer driving, I'm not that much of a driver especially when it comes to long distances. Plus, on a plan I'll be able to use a bathroom and have the chance to be offered snacks.

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Flying please :) I mean except you are a tourist, and you want to stop every half-hour to take pictures on the way, an airplane is better than driving anytime. The only thing is flying is much more expensive than driving, especially if you are traveling as a group or a family. So you have to be prepared to pay more. But when you think of the convenience and time you save, then for me, its better.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Boredom is my problem when traveling that's why we usually rent a van so I can sleep on the road when the trip is more than 4 hours of driving. But whenever possible, I prefer to fly so I don't have to wait for long especially when we are on the way back home. But we only fly when there are only the 2 of us traveling, my wife and I. Flying is pretty expensive compared to land travel.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Since I don't know how to drive, then I would just opt to use a public mode of transportion like a bus or train rather than fly, since flying is more expensive. I don't mind waiting longer to arrive at my destination.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer flying to driving, but since current incidents of people flying and seats stolen after paying $1K for a child's seat to give the seat suddenly to someone else so the child had to

for a few hours to come home to Hawaii, has got me wondering about flying.

7. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I love flying too. In an ideal world, I would have my own private jet so that I could travel anywhere I wanted any time I wanted. Unfortunately, this is no ideal world. We have to consider our pockets and decide how deep we want to reach into them in order to travel. We also have to note how large these pockets are and base our decision for travel preference on them. Long and short distance alike, I would prefer driving any day. Perhaps one day when my income allows me, I will change my lifestyle in general, not only my mode of travel.:cool:

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No if it's only above 500 miles I would prefer other means like train or car but if it's over 1500 km than probably I would go for an air journey. We do not have an airport in our city so we spend almost 6-8 hours in traveling and transit including check-in time which makes an air journey worthless and costlier for us.

9. Yallerts

YallertsNew Member

Threads:
    If it was a distance, I thought it would be better to drive and enjoy the roadside scenery.but if it takes 10 hours ,i will choose to fly , a long drive can be tiring

10. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Driving will be more comfortable for me.

at affordable prices.