Do you prefer fast food or home made?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by dieselfit • Nov 30, 2013.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer both. Hahaha! Not all fast foods hit the spot. But then not all home-cooked foods hit the spot too. For me, it depends on what I'm in the mood for. For example, there's nothing like fast food and restaurant-made french fries. So, if I'm in the mood for French fries I prefer to buy it. On the other hand, if I'm in the mood for a juicy hamburger, I'd prefer a home-made hamburger. Recently grilled meat, warm bread, and fresh lettuce and tomato -- you can't beat that. Yep, I'm complicated like that ;D

2. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Both sounds good! Haha. It's nice to spoil ourselves once in a while but to be honest I haven't had fast food for a year or two now and I have not felt this much better. I am generally a healthy person who loves eggs for breakfast and mother's dinner for..well dinner lol. I don't know how to get the hamburgers as juicy as they are at fast food joints! I prefer home made food but when it comes to hamburgers...it's tough to outdo what I have tried before!

3. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on my mood. I love both. Sometimes I crave greasy fast food and other times I crave nothing other than a good home cooked meal. Both can taste amazing. Home cooked meals are great because you can cook your meals exactly how you like them. Food from fast food places is good when you are in a rush or crave something different... or like I mentioned... greasy. LOL.

4. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I have mastered making chicken nuggets. They are some much more flavorful than McDonald's or Wendy's. So my preference for chicken nuggets is to make them myself.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's kind of weird that nobody in this thread thinks fast food tastes good. Honestly, I've walked into a Burger King on a slow night and gotten a Whopper that was still hot from the broiler and it was freaking delicious. Checkers seasoned fries are pretty darn tasty. If my daughter and I go out and get fast food, it's a treat. I can't always afford to take my daughter out for a Wendy's bacon cheeseburger on a soft pretzel bun, but when I do, we enjoy it.

To you guys fast food is disgusting and you can afford it but you don't want it. To me, a $9 Whopper meal, which comes out to $18 for two people is a treat that I can't afford all the time and eating it is a pleasure. I actually really like fast food french fries and the Burger King onion rings.

I wonder if everyone really thinks that fast food is disgusting or do some people enjoy it but don't want to admit it.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well you know me, I'm a food snob lol. I will be the first to admit I used to love fast food. Didn't eat it every day or anything, but occasionally. fast food isn't the only bad for us foods though.. we become accustomed to high salt, high sugar foods etc which would help us love most of them. If we don't eat that way generally, it will impact a person's taste for it. Since stopping all of it and getting it out of my system, it honestly tastes a heck of a lot different than what I remember. Plus, knowing what's in it and not knowing what's in it, might help the brain repel these types of food too, so who knows. But I seriously find fast food revolting now.

Oh wait.. I still think some places have wicked awesome fries, but I still prefer to make my own for the health factor.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer homemade food. I'm not into fast food that much. Of course I eat it from time to time and it tastes great, but it makes me feel to heavy afterwards. With homemade, you get the portion you want, you make what you prefer, obviously, mad it tastes amazing.

8. maRei

maReiNew Member

Threads:
    Nothing beats WELL-COOKED homemade food. It's healthier and SAFER. Sure you guys have seen videos of fast food employees messing up their customers' foods. Some spit on the food, some mix spoiled with fresh, while some others even add unsafe chemicals to it. Not that I'm against eating fast food. I actually eat 2-3 times a week in fast food chains, for variety, but I choose where to eat. To be on the safe side, pick ones that don't import their raw food from China. Saw something in the news recently about a food supplier from China selling expired meat to popular fast food chains.

#28Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Mood for Good Food

I think it really doesn't matter whether the food is fast food or homemade food as long as they are properly handled and prepared following the food safety standards. Sometimes we make fast food at home and the amount of time we spend on cooking family meals are usually not measured in days, just a few hours. For eating I am a bit moody. I don't enjoy eating in a group with strangers, and I prefer eating while standing when it comes to fast food. When I'm in the mood for comfort food, like ice cream or sweet potato dumplings or snacks, I usually eat on the couch. It's more about the good mood than the food.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on my mood and need. Sometimes I feel like going out for lunch or dinner (alone or with friends) and that's usually the time I hit the fast foods. When I feel like sitting and catching up with my family, then nothing beats the taste of homemade food. Any food will do as long as it's cooked well, palatable and in accordance with hygiene standards.