Do You Prefer Independent Movies or Blockbuster Films?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by May102014 • Jul 24, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I find independent films are more appealing. Unlike blockbuster films, they tend to be more realistic and thought-provoking. Film studios tend to promote the same messages and I find myself bored with them. Does anyone else feel this way?

2. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    I am in two minds here. I can enjoy a hollywood-backed film as well as an independent one.

If I had to pick a reason, I would say the determining factor being if the film looks good to me.

I enjoyed "The Man From Earth"

I also enjoyed the new Batman, the dark knight Especially!

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly blockbuster movies. The production value of a movie is really important to me, because I don't want to see 2 hours of something filmed with a potatoe in the hands of some shaky cameraman. There's also the actors that matter a lot. Most independent movies can't get the best of the best actors, so their movies are lacking in that aspect too.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer movies that have a significant amount of budget because the production quality is a lot more appealing to me. I tend to get turned off when the film quality looks like it was shot with a camcorder, and also the cinematography and pacing of less experienced directors usually are very noticeable to me. I still like independent films and honestly as long as the film is well made enough i don't mind either.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer independent films. I like movies with a plot and/ storyline and strong acting. I find a lot of the Hollywood blockbuster films to be very overrated. A lot of blockbuster films rely to special effects or big name actors to substitute for decent storylines.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer blockbuster films, I'm not much into indy movies because they tend to be so focused on being "artsy" that they end up just being too weird for me to enjoy them. I like to be entertained by movies, and sure I like movies that make me think as well, but if I'm bored and stressed out by a movie it beats the purpose...