Do You Prefer Laminate Or Hardwood Flooring?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by mbuzma • Jan 21, 2018.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Which do you have/would prefer in your home ?
    I have hardwood flooring in my home, but I wish I would have gotten laminate instead. I have scratched the floor visibly on several places and it was even damaged in one place due to moisture, which I didn't see until it was too late. Laminate is considerably cheaper to both buy and install, and I've heard that it is more durable.

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have laminated floor but I wish to have hardwood flooring, but the hardwood flooring is more expensive than the laminated floor. You are wrong laminate is not more durable, if you have scratched your floor it can be repaired. If I would be you I would scraper the floor and I would give it with wooden lake and the floor would be a new one.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have always preferred the hardwood floors but they do get cold in the winter which is a big drawback for me. Everything in moderation applies to flooring as well I guess.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The flooring of our bedroom is wood but since it’s already worn out so we bought vinyl tiles to cover it. I don’t know if this is the lamination you are talking about. Those vinyl tiles have nice designs and easy to install. Actually we did the installation ourselves because all we needed was the glue and it’s easy because we had done the job in just 1 day.

5. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I believe it’s not the same thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Vinyl tiles are made of plastic while Laminate is made up of resin and fiber. Vinyl tiles are more durable than both Laminate and Hardwood, especially since they are not affected by moisture. Anyway, you made the right decision by installing it yourself. You must have saved a lot of money since professionals charge an arm and a leg for this type of work.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We have vinyl tiles, they're not wooden at all, they seem to be made of plastic, and it is more spill resistant too. I also think that it's cheaper.