Do you prefer music while you travel?

Discussion in Travel started by margarito • Nov 6, 2013.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Hey guys, I've a question for you all. Do you crave for music when you are travelling? My immediate answer for this question is a big YES. I really crave for it and I mean it. I personally feel very incomplete without music in any long distance drive. In all my journeys music stands out as one of my best companion and feel almost miffed If no music is played along. I do wonder how come people travel without music at times and I don't think they'll have a best Time Out in their journeys. It doesn't make me feel bored or tired while travelling and is my all time favorite time-pass. This is the case with me and guys what is your habit while travelling?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I love music, so If i'm driving a long time than I def need music it keeps me awake and going. Even if i'm just going down the street to the local walmart still I have to listen to music. Any time I get in the car that's the first thing I do is put my station on lol.

3. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I usually travel with two kids listening to a bunch of kids music. So, I brink my Ipod with me and listen to my headphones. If I didn't do that, our trip would look like the Shining pretty quickly.

4. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely. EVERYTHING i do is better with music. I even keep a 32gb microSD in my blackberry so i can have music with me no matter where i am or what im doing.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes!! It's my favorite time to listen to music, when I'm travelling!! I sometimes get pissed because I live so close to work that I can barely listen to a couple of songs. But on weekends when I travel a little more I get excited to put music on real loud and listen to my last downloads!

6. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I love listening to music while traveling. My family usually brings along the MP3 player and several CDs. Plus, we have the tendency to sing on our own. We will burst out singing any songs in our heads. We will make up our own songs too. It builds great memories while traveling.

7. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I love listening to music while I travel. I will honestly just take the long route sometimes in order to listen to more music. Nothing can beat the feeling of bumping your music really loudly with the windows down on a hot summer day.

8. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I love music, so I definitely travel with music, especially on my road trips. There's no way I could do a road trip without any music. I don't always like to hear music on airplanes. Sometimes, I need the peace that quiet can give. But it's always good to have something with me just in case. But when I arrive to my destination, I'm usually too busy to listen to my music.

I love buying new music before a trip. It makes vacation so much more fun and exciting. I also like buying music in my destination city if it's in another country. Now, that makes the return trip so much more interesting.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I'm not doing the driving then slow bluesy music is rather soothing and tends to lull me to sleep. I hate traveling so the less of the journey I have to endure the better it is for me. If I'm driving then because of the distraction I'll play only instrumentals or some fancy house music because they hardly have any vocals.

10. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I like almost always listen to music when driving. Driving as for me is a technical and relatively boring experience especially when you are the only person on the reel. Music usually gives me courage and the zeal to keep driving regardless of whether there is traffic jam or not. However I don’t listen to all types of music but lyrics and gospels makes my day and mood.

11. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    That was an amazing feeling, undoubtedly. There is truly nothing which can beat out such feeling. Not only in summer but it is in any season or any time music is really 'fun'tastic. :)

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do love music in the car.. especially quick drives. but I need some time without it too.. long car rides are so peaceful, especially with amazing Canadian scenery :)

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer music when I am travelling, even if I am travelling to the shops or on the tube etc. Music enhances the journey and it can give meaning to what you are doing, depending on what you are listening to. Travelling without access to my music would be very boring. I have to take my MP3 player on my travels.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say that music is one of my biggest addictions so traveling without with just cause my life to lose that sparkle.mi love singing along whether it is in my head or out loud. Having a medley just brightens up my day so while being stuck in traffic music is always that stress reliever for me and I sure many other people as well.

15. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love to listen to music whenever I travel. I love pop music and R&B and some other new stuff from indie artists these days. They always keep me serene. :)

16. adbarnes

adbarnesNew Member

Threads:
    When I travel I have to have something going on. Most of the time it is music and I am blasting it quite loudly. I am listening to whatever keeps me singing and awake. When traveling to work I love to listen to my gospel and get my praise on. I know people are looking at me crazy like what is she so happy for. But I don't care. I love music and it can brighten any bad day for me.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do put my headphones on while on a plane or on a bus, but I don't think I'd like having them on while walking around a country I'm travelling to. I prefer to have a more pure experience while looking around and it gets tedious when you have to remove your earbuds whenever you need to talk to people.

18. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I feel the exact same way. I just love listening to music whilst travelling and I really like travelling alone which is maybe odd, but the reason for this is because I love to stick in my headphones and watch as the different places I pass go by. I feel like I get really deep in thought whilst travelling and often find clarity with problems that have been bugging me. Does anyone else feel this way too? Or is it just me? I think my favourite type of travel is on the train, in winter. You can pass some beautiful scenes of snowy countryside. Especially, if the sun is setting:) It's just magical

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on how far the trip is and the method of traveling. If I take a long road trip, I would listen to some music while I am driving. If I travel by planet, then I don't really listen to music because it distracts me. I don't usually prefer music while I travel, however, it depends on the traveling distance and the travel method.

20. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I really only listen to music while I'm stationary in one place focusing on something. When I'm traveling or out and about I prefer to just listen to whatever is going on around me.