Do you prefer music while you travel?

Discussion in Travel started by margarito • Nov 6, 2013.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    That undoubtedly leaves you with a number of memories to cherish in your future. :D I too had many such experiences and most of them being with my friends while in a tour, picnic or so. As years pass on those memories are still live in front of my eyes and makes me laugh like anything when I think of them.

Count me in! I too feel the same way. I often find unambiguity in the decisions I take in such travels when compared with the decisions taken the remaining time. This may be due to the reason that we actually feel relished while listening to music and so decisions or solutions obtained in such peaceful cases are comparatively better. :)

#21Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
  2. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer music all together. Traveling whether it's on a plane or subway... I'm always listening to music. Music is my escape from everything - good or bad. And in fact, I spend some of my time organizing playlists for my trips.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, very much. Listening to music is one of the things I look forward to when I'm on a long drive. I would set my playlist on a random mode and let every song that plays entertain me.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When traveling in the car, I love to listen to music no matter how long the drive. I love music anywhere really but I don't usually listen to music in public transportation including planes because it's hard to listen without wanting to belt along.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    While walking I do listen to my music, I try to walk 6 miles 3-4 times a week. The time goes faster when I have the music playing and I seem to enjoy the walk more when I have the music playing.

6. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I would normally say "yes" but relatively recently I went on a trip and forgot my iPod. At first I was a bit anxious of sorts. But actually not having the music forced me to be a bit more aware of my surroundings, and ultimately that was a very good thing. So, generally I would still be "yes" but that trip showed me that I could be missing out.

7. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    In addition to music my husband and I have borrowed audiobooks from the library. When we are driving for several hours, we listen to it. It allows us to have something different to discuss while we are on our trip. We can discuss the plot and characters and how we may do things differently if we were the characters and so one. It has been so much fun to share this time with my husband

8. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I just love listening to music all day long, lol. I would if I could! Music is a great way to just forget about what's going on around you and just relax. It's fun to just have a sing and dance for no reason. So yes music whilst I travel is a must. To be honest whilst I am on this forum I am listening to the best of Bob Marley.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'd have to say that I prefer to listen to music whilst I travel. But that only applies to situations that I am already familiar with. For example, I have walked to my local dentist and back a million times before. I can blast my music if I want and get lost in it as I walk, because I don't really have to pay all that much attention to my surroundings. But when it comes to traveling practice

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes like to listen to music while traveling but it doesn't really take my mind off things. I prefer to watch a movie or a television program so that I'd be distracted throughout my journey. I only do this when I'm riding a plane, though, because I don't want to entertain awful thoughts in my head. However, when I'm on a bus, I'd rather listen to music or watch the passing landscape through the large windows.

11. jfab

jfabNew Member

Threads:
    I never go out of the house without my iPod on. I don't really use it when I'm driving but when I'm on the plane or when I'm on a bus for long traveling, I need music. I can't live without it.

12. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I love doing this not all the time but while i have to relax or while i am traveling far away from my house or have to travel for hours as well.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never go a single day without music! Music is like the air that I breathe, I love it. From the minute I get up in the morning to going to bed, I listen to music. Whether I'm working, walking, travelling, eating; there's ALWAYS music around me. I couldn't live without music :) The only time I'm not listening to music is when I'm sleeping. I even recently went through a phase where I'd wake up to a song playing in my head!

14. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    Yeah we love bringing CDs, or just making playlists on our phone and connecting it to the car for family road trips and stuff. I personally listen to all the time when going to university or when travelling in general. Music makes life so much more interesting and it can really lighten up your mood and get you energised for the day, well that's what happens to me anyway.

15. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always got my iPod on if I'm out walking or sitting on public transport. It makes a boring walk so much more bearable. At home, I'll either have a news station or music on in the background. I don't like to sit in silence at all.

16. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    In general, I don't like to drive much. The only thing that can make this better is music I can sing along to. I'm not very musical, and I really cannot sing, but it's pretty liberating. If I get tired, though, I prefer to play games with the others in the car to keep my brain alert rather than drifting (like music tends to make it drift sometimes)

17. IrishHeather

IrishHeatherMember

Threads:
    Yes and No. Let me explain. whenever I go on a road trip I enjoy music and singing along to the tunes with my family. Or if I'm alone...AC/DC blasting out! But I turn the music off when I'm driving in heavy traffic or bad weather. I know this sounds strange, my hubby thinks I'm crazy...LOL. But I find it very difficult to concentrate on driving in stressful situations with the music playing. It gives me kind of a panicky feeling. Maybe because I feel the need to focus all my attention on the situation at hand. Now my husband is the exact opposite. Strange how the human mind works.

18. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    Well, that really depends on my mood, but for long distance travels, I like music. I prefer having a sound system in the vehicle (like in a van for family travels or in a bus when I am traveling alone) over sound coming through my ear buds or headset. I am not sure why, but if it is music from my mp3 player of smartphone, and using only ear buds, I cannot hear my music. It seems the sound is drowned by the roar of the vehicular machine or the chatter of seatmates. That is why I prefer a sound system in the vehicle because I can hear and appreciate songs better.

19. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a big fan of music, but I do enjoy listening to music while travelling or commuting. I find silences awkward especially when you are in a vehicle with people other than your family. Whenever I go to a company trip, I make sure that my phone is full and I have my earphones with me, so I can listen to music.

20. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    When traveling by car, I do enjoy listening to music, especially if it’s a long trip. I am another one who prefers to turn it off if I’m driving in a stressful situation, though, and I would include unfamiliar routes in that. I’ve never really listened to music while traveling by plane, but it would probably be nice when there’s nothing much to look at but the ocean. Or if I’m stuck in the middle seat, haha.