Do You Prefer One Stop Shopping?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Diane Lane • Nov 16, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer one stop shopping for the most part. I like being able to get everything I need in one place, without having to drive all over town picking up items here and there. Because of that, I typically do my grocery shopping in two stores. Which one I do the bulk of my shopping in depends on which part of town I'm in when I need my groceries.

I happened to be in a different area yesterday, and stopped in a store where I used to shop, because I had a specific coupon I wanted to use that was only good there. Since I shopped at that store before, I wasn't surprised to see that their prices on some items I frequently purchase were higher. I'd already done the majority of my shopping for the month though, so I took a few minutes to peruse the aisles while I was there. As I was looking around, I was reminded of why I used to shop there. The store is smaller, and the clerks are more attentive, although they don't hover, which I find annoying. They also stock some items I don't typically see at Kroger and Walmart, so I think I might shop there now and then in the future, for those types of items.

Do you prefer to pick up all of your groceries in one store/trip, or do you spread your shopping around in search of bargains or variety?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like one stop shopping as I like to shop around. Now, for people who don't have time or have mobility issues it is much better to go to one place, but I generally like to browse. However, my dad likes to go to multiple places, but I do think trying to save a couple of pennies on one item is counter productive when you have to wait in line to get served.

I get quite impatient and when the price difference is so small it's not worth it, and it has to be for a few items at least. I think with prices being advertised online, it makes it easier to know whether to stop by somewhere or not so there is no wasted journey.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    One-stop shop is good especially to travelers but it doesn't cater to the basic needs or household needs of every housewife as compared to the mall and supermarket. One-stop has a limited supply of products, items, and foods. I would prefer to go to the market, or mall for my complete needs at home.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The mall business is thriving because of that one-stop shop concept. It seems that most malls have everything under its roof from groceries to clothes, footwear, and almost anything that you need including hardware items and medicines. When we go to the mall, we have a game plan to follow so we do not waste time especially when we go to one of the big malls where walking the length of the walkway is tiring. And usually, we come home with a complete purchases of what we had intended.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do.
    There might be places which are better for certain items, but the toil of roaming around to procure the stuffs is not worth the time and energy. I make a list of goods needed, go to the nearby multifaceted mall and buy everything from there. However, there're are some items like fish, vegetables, fruits, meat etc. which I like to buy from local market to avoid buying stale stuffs.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I like one stop shop in that it saves me a lot of time. However, I am vigilant about the costs too. While some otems in sucg stores are ata reasonable rates, others are actually higher than elsewhere. In such cases, I buy those items which are within my budget.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, I like to shop around for the best deals. I shop often, so I know what is cheaper where, so I will typically get the items that cost less at a different stores. However, you have to be in the area for another reason, that is kind of the unwritten rule, because if you are going from store to store to save a few cents or even a dollar or two..typically you are wasting gas. No special trips should be involved.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that special trips shouldn't be involved if you're looking to save money, since that wastes not only gas, but also time. Although I no longer work full time, I do think of my time as money, since if I'm running all over town to save a few pennies here and there, that's detracting from other ways I could be spending my time.

I have a few stores I visit once a month in the next town over. I am in that area for another reason, and if I need items they sell, I try to wait until that time to make those purchases. I used to run out and get what I wanted or needed when the urge struck, but these days I wait until I need to pick up several items, rather than making a special trip just for one thing.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I also shop in one area since I feel that driving around will make the shopping more costly. I feel that most malls here have so many different varieties of stores and can all be found withing one mall. I like to go to certain mall where I can find everything I need, for example a mall with a Walmart is nice.

10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm in a hurry or I'm tired, I do like one stop shopping and especially if I can get everything in one place. Sometimes, though, I go out shopping with my family and we like to walk around and visit several stores. One stop shopping is usually when I'm alone but when I'm not, I just do what the rest do. I'm a follower when it comes to group shopping. We never drive around to further stores because we don't want to waste gas money.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have no time to be moving from one shop to another. If I am able to get all the items or goods I need from one particular shop and at a price I am comfortable with then I am very good to with that shop alone.
    If I can trust and rely on the shop for standard products and the prevailing market price, then I can make the shop my regular stop point.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ride the bus so one stop shopping is great. But there are shops that are isolated and have good sales, but it takes time. When you're riding the bus you need one stop shopping to save so much time with one stop shopping. I go to a little shopping complex Kamehameha Shopping Center and I can go to Walgreens, Times Supermarket, CVS and if I wanted to get something to bring home there's a McDonalds too, great! I can go to Kam Shopping Center and get home early. I do shop at the isolated shops too for they got real good sales, but the one stop shopping areas are my favorites.

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is an area that is about 45 minutes to an hour from here that I really like because it has Aldi's, Dollar Tree, and Ollie's outlet all in one center. The stores are all within walking distance once you park, and I will go from store to store. I have gotten great deals at all of them.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I do like shopping from a place where I can get all the items under the same roof. I am really so short on time that it is not my idea of going from place to place for buying different things from different shops or markets. However, I admit that it is not the case when my wife is with me because she loves going from place to places and better still if the shops accept bargaining.

15. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer one stop shopping because I know I will find everything I need and I know the prices, I also don't waste too much time. I see no point in saving a few bucks if you spend them on gas or if you have to walk all over town for discounts and bargains.

16. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    For me a lot depends on what I'm shopping for and just how much time I've got. If I know exactly hat I want then I'd prefer to just go to the one shop, but if I have a bit of time on my hands and I'm going shopping with friends, then we'll make a day of it and have a look round all the stores and maybe even stop for a drink and something to eat at the same time.

The big shopping complexes are handy as you have everything under one roof, but if you want to relax and take your time then the city centre high streets can still have a lot to offer.