Do you prefer qwerty/keypad phones or touchscreen phones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sidney • Sep 20, 2013.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I still prefer the typical cell phones with qwerty keyboard. I can write messages faster unlike the touchscreen cellphones. Most of the cell phones now are touch screens. I am having a hard time typing in a touch screen phones, Unlike in qwerty type I can type even without looking.

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer keypad and qwerty keyboards but my most recent upgrade was to an iPhone 5. I love the iPhone, but I think I will be going back to a qwerty when my next upgrade comes around. I do a lot of texting and and the touchscreen just does not do it for me.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One advantage of a physical keypad is that you could input characters even if you are not looking at the screen. But by no means am I returning to physical keyboards. They're just simply out of style and their screen is already too small for my tastes.

4. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I prefer the qwerty keyboards. They make it much easier to type. I can't type very fast on touchscreens due to my fingers being bigger than the letter keys. Also, I find that qwerty keyboards are much more accurate. When you press a key inwards it always shows up on the screen. I can't say the same about touchpads as they are sometimes to sensitive or dull. I'm sure they'll get better in the future though.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I think you can have 2 phones at the same time, the qwerty can be used as your texting/calling phone, while the touch screen can be used as your surfing phone and also to view documents.

6. John Bradley

John BradleyNew Member

Threads:
    I like qwerty phones because it's easier for me to type and not make as many mistakes as I would on a touchscreen phone. I would never get a Smartphone without a physical keyboard because I type faster with one and because I hate the fact that, in time, the screen will become almost unusable because of all that usage. I have friends that text a lot yet they still didn't get a keyboard and now their touchscreen phones look awful.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I also prefer a physical keyboard. Typing onscreen just feels weird to me, not to mention the onscreen keyboard takes so much space. I'd rather have one with a full keyboard if only they could make good looking and thinner ones, but the ones I always see are too thick and the actual design usually doesn't appeal to me.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really care about keypad phones - didn't have one for at least 8 years - but I wish there was more qwerty keyboard phones. I got used to touch screen, but.. qwerty is qwerty. Even if it's tiny, like P990's was.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah the P990. I miss those kinds of phones. I wish Sony would again create phones that look like that or the ones that look like the Xperia X10 Mini Pro. They look expensive too.

10. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I do prefer a phone that has a keyboard or keypad because it is easier for me to type. Although the touchscreen keyboard of the IPhone is smooth and convenient, but I still think having a keyboard attached to the phone is the best way for fast-typing. I do a lot of typing on my phone, but most of the time I have misspelled or made mistakes to the word because it is so difficult to type on a touchscreen. I do see there are a lot of people prefer the touchscreen keyboard because it makes the phone less bulky.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not like typing on the touchscreen. Even with a stylist I still make way to many errors. I prefer the keypad when it comes to typing.

12. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I was pretty good with Qwerty keyboards, but I think I am used to touch screen phones by now. I don't have many problems with them anymore. Most touch screens are very accurate.

13. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer Touch screen keypads, provided that the screen is large enough. Though even then, typing can get tiring after a while.

14. JoeyJ

JoeyJBanned

Threads:
    I used to like qwerty more but now I'm just a touchscreen fan. I like lightweight. Once you use one for a while you can text just as quickly as with a keyboard.

Someday soon we will have tangible displays with popup buttons. That means we will have phones that transform. MIT is developing one and they have a large concept test of how it works on youtube. They are pretty amazing.

15. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I prefer QWERTY too! That is why I still use my Blackberry phone. I can reply to text messages faster.

16. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Since I don't use my phone to do that much typing I prefer an onscreen keyboard. A physical keyboard would be nice but isn't worth sacrificing the dimensions of the phone, like instead of having a nice thin one having it twice as thick and chunky. That said I like physical keys.

17. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    "qwerty" just refers to the fact that the keys are all together like on a typical keyboard, touchscreen phones have this just like blackberrys do. I'll assume you meant a button press keypads over a touchsreen though. In which case, I prefer touchscreen, but that's just personal preference I guess.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer the physical keypad when it comes to typing. If you're just doing general surfing then I suppose a touchscreen is fine. I'm pretty good at typing but with a touchscreen I'm completely slow (I am used to the IOS touchscreen though). I wouldn't want to sacrifice the size either. Also I don't like touchscreens sometimes because they're too easy to get dirty. Fortunately I don't really use my phone anymore for anything but Swagbucks mobile so if I get the screen dirty it doesn't matter.