Do You Prefer Red Or White Wine?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Shine_Spirit • Jun 1, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I like the two options :cool:, but what makes me choose between one option or another is the occasion when I'm going to need to drink the wine.

This sure makes all the difference - at least for me - when I have to choose the right type of wine. ;)

2. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I like wine but I rarely purchase it. My favourite is the red wine. It has a unique taste and gives one an exhilarating feeling.However, most of the time I go with alternatives of wine like beer because its way much cheaper. I am normally on a tight budget, therefore, I consider wine a luxury. Only on special occasions do I buy wine.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on whether or not the wine is for sipping, is going to be served with food, or is being used a mixer such as in a wine cooler or other type of drink. I like a variety of different types of wine.

We went to a fine restaurant for our anniversary one time, and I had Sauvignon Blanc. I hadn't tried it before. It complemented the food perfectly. My dish contained pasta, seafood, and rich sauce. It countered the richness nicely, making for a wonderful combination.

There are a number of wines that don't cost a lot. Some brands offer affordable options that are still quite good. I think it takes some experimentation to figure out what you like. Don't worry about what you're "supposed to" have. Choose what you enjoy.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you guys want to save money with wine, Make your own wine. it doesn't even have to be grapes. All you needed is fruits. Though Wine yeast is more recommended for making wine,You can actually use baking yeast for making wine but the fermentation is longer.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like both red and white wine,but it depends what I am having for dinner so white wine(like Pinot Grigio) really goes best with lighter foods like fish and vegetables. Also if I am eating a chicken dinner I will go with some white or lighter red wine would be ok. If I was having some cheddar cheese though I would have to go with some Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I like Rose the best although if I was choosing between red and white it would be white every time because I always get a mammoth headache with red plus I don't really enjoy the taste.

I'm a bit sceptical of drinking home made wine as I was extremely ill after drinking it at a party once, I hadn't over indulged but thought it tasted strange at the time and was very ill the next day.

7. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I don't drink alcohol that much, nearly none at all. But I like red wine better, it tastes sweeter, the white one is more sour. But I am really avoiding any kind of alcohol, especially beer. Wine is okay in some occasions though, I sometimes mix red wine with Coca-Cola, that tastes good.

8. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I like red wine and whenever I have a choice, that's what I go with. Of course I don't normally drink wine, preferring a good whisky rather, but on the rare occasions that I do have it, I've always found red to taste much better than white wine.