Do You Prefer Removable Or Non-removal Batteries For Cellphones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by moneymania • Oct 13, 2017.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to have the removable ones since it's easier to change the battery when it starts to fail or get bloated. With the non-removable ones, you still need to take the unit to a technician to have the battery replaced, so you would pay for a service fee too aside from paying for a new battery.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used a phone with non-removable battery so far but what I hear is that non-removable battery lasts longer and your phone stays safe for longer time. Let me put it this way since you cannot remove the battery from non-removable sets you do not have to open your phone frequently which saves them from dust and other defects which occur due to opening them and removing battery.

3. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Removable batteries are really so convenient especially when problems arises from overuse and screen freezes due to some software issues. It's hard to reset smartphones that have non-removable batteries in them though some problems can be easily solved by just turning off the unit. That being said, I go for smartphones that have removable batteries.

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

I prefer removable batteries. My phone's batter got spoilt two years ago because of charging with direct current. I was able to buy another and replace the spoilt one and now my phone is working.

I feel removable batteries are better because I can also disconnect it from my phone if I do not intend to use my phone for a while. It all depends with the type of phone. Some phones with non removable batteries can last as long as you know how to maintain it.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1, If you think about it, even if you frequently remove the battery, it doesn't really make the phone break easily. It just makes the casing slide easier or looser, but apart from that, no more issue. I saw an article that had bloated iPhones damage the LCD, so if you have a removable battery one then it won't have that much damage, since you can easily remove the battery.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania I had a phone long back that switched off just because its battery would not fit properly so I assume it happened just because we removed its battery too often so it became loose. However, I have reasons to believe that the chances of getting bugs or cracking the cover increase in removable battery sets although it has never happened with me so far.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to getting the best batteries for your phone, the non removable ones are the best. It comes with the best quality and it's simply cannot be manipulated like most removable phone batteries does by dubious phone dealers.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    As far as I noticed both have their own advantages and disadvantages. I noticed that non removable battery last long compare to removable battery. But as you said we can't change them when needed. But mostly I have seen that non removable battery really works good and stays good till I sell my cell phone. Lol. So I guess I am okay with them. I have experienced with removable batteries too and yes they got damaged in short time if we not be that careful.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1, I think the reason why your battery became bloated is because it got stored in a humid place, or it's 3 yrs. old already and is being charged everyday. Batteries really do become bulky over time under the circumstances that I mentioned.

10. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I prefer removable batteries. I understand that everything had there life span and they depreciate with time and won't be able to give their maximum satisfaction. So, having removable battery makes it easy to be changed when the battery depreciated and doesn't serve it purposes again.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer removable batteries when it comes to phones and tablets. I won't be needing to hire a repair guy to replace the battery of my phone. It is easier to find battery replacement to a battery you can remove on your own. Replacing the batteries of the non removable will just add more damage sometimes.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am pretty sure that every phone that I have ever had has gotten to the point where I had to take the battery out to restart it, and it worked. I am not sure what I would do if this were not an option.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It was way back in 2001 when the phones were too costly in my country. For instance a basic phone from Nokia used to cost something like $100-500 depending on features. I remember the mobile charges were so high then even there was no mobile data available that we used to use the phone very sparingly. I kept my first phone for more than 4 years (bought in 1999 and got rid of that in 2002) Now I change my phones every 6-8 months and hardly open the cover unless must.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @larryl332@larryl332, I agree with you, when the phone hangs or freezes you simply take out the battery, although if you use an app that can close all running applications, you wouldn't need to take the battery out, the app sorts the phone out for you.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. I was thinking the same. But now when I used phone with non removable battery then I know that there are ways to restart phone. We can easily restart phone and get rid of the problem. Fixed batteries has their own advantage. But every things have two faces, so it is up to users what they want to choose.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 there is also an issue that my phone sometimes won't charge, and the solution is to take the battery out, and after that it will resume charging again. If you use a non-removal battery I don't know what will be the solution to that certain issue.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly this kind of issue only happens to phones with removable battery as sometimes their charging points are not fitted properly. Even I have faced this issue in past with phones with removable batteries. But I never encountered the same thing in phones with non removable battery. They did well in all these kind of problem and also have good life.

18. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I always go for the phones with removable batteries because it is so much easier to get it replaced when something goes wrong. I had a bad experience with phones having inbuilt batteries. Previous to my current phone I had the one with the inbuilt battery. I had issues with the battery which led me to change the phone co,pletely and I couldn't repair the battery alone. So I always advice to go for a phone which has removable batteries. :)

19. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I also prefer removable batteries on mobile phones but I never heard or see removable batteries for tablets. When I was in college I am using a mobile phone with removable batteries and it is so convenient that I always have an extra on my backpack, In today's technology I think removable batteries are not an issue anymore because of power banks. Now I will just bring one small power bank and that can be an extra battery for all my electronics from mobile phones to tablets and camera..

20. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    There are tablets with removable batteries and I love them for three reasons. It will save you money from repairs as you won't need to be a trained professional to replace them. If your charging port got broken, You can charge the battery with a universal charger. The last reason will be durability.