Do You Prefer Shopping Alone?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Apr 9, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For me, it is dependent on I am shopping to buy a lot of specific things, or I am just shopping because I'm bored and want to kill time. When I am on the hunt for specific items, I prefer to be alone because I don't like having to keep changing my pace for my friend, but it does tend to get boring so I don't do that too much anymore especially nowadays that everything can be bought online. So, I guess I prefer shopping with a friend, it's a lot more fun and I think it's more about the experience rather than the things you buy. How about you?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It really depends on what it's for and what the purpose is. Sometimes it even depends on the potential people to take with me, too.

For example, take grocery shopping. Sometimes, I could really use the help with getting through a big shopping list. I like having the company for deciding our meals if I don't have a list, splitting up going back for missed items, catching sales, etc, and even just having some general company and help carrying them in.

Other times, though, like when just running into the store to get a few items, having another person there can really slow me down as they stop to look at things. Or if I'm shopping with coupons and sales, but the person with me is a splurger. It doesn't work out very well.

3. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone, because I know what I want to purchase before I leave home. I tend to shop alone, because I hate waiting on people. When I shop with company it tends to take longer and some of my friends never know what they want to purchase when we arrive at the store. Most of the time I just need to go into a store to purchase a few items and having company with me will definitely increase the amount of time it takes for me to purchase the items I want.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on what i'm shopping for if i'm shopping for clothes or things like that I like to go with my sisters or mom not my husband if i'm getting food I don't mind my husband coming and if i'm just looking around I rather be by myself so it just all depends on the mood I guess

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    If I am going for something specifically for me, I like to shop alone. I have a shopping method, and if someone interferes with it, I get mad. I enjoy hanging out with others while I am shopping, but only if I don't really need anything, then I can take the time, and enjoy myself with them.

I often shop alone.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it depends, but i mostly enjoy going with friends, because then we all have a wider experience in the products we are looking for, so we can share our opinions. It happens a lot to me, that when i go to buy something, one of my friends says that the quality is not very good and it breaks easily, so i end up just holding up for something better.

7. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop with family or friends, i just feel so lonely by myself. If I am just running in to get a quick item then I really don't need them. But most of the time I am always with my mom or my friends. I just like being with a crowd.

8. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I mostly do all my shopping alone, it's just a little less stressful, to be honest. I like to take my time, be it with clothes, electronics, books, anything really. Not having someone constantly next to you or looking at what you're looking or even giving their opinion is just a little too much for me. It's not that I don't like company now and then, I just prefer not to have it.

I do recognize the advantage of taking someone clothe shopping, they can fetch you some other number of whatever you're trying without much hassle!

9. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much prefer to be alone. I can look for what I want, I can take all the time in one section that I want and I don't have to go anywhere I don't want to go. There's a lot of pressure when shopping with others.

10. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    No, it's no fun shopping alone. I differentiate between just buying something and shopping. Just buying something is what I do when I already what I want to buy, so I just go and buy it. Alone. When I want to buy something but I am not sure what I should buy, I prefer to shop with a friend. Of course, the friend will have to be someone who likes shopping, too.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm buying really, but yeah, most of the times I like to go alone. I often visit a lot of stores before buying whatever it is I want to buy. I like to compare prices, quality, brands, etc., and when you go with someone, it's not as easy because, let's face it, no one likes doing that unless they're buying something for their own :p

12. flemingtm

flemingtmNew Member

Threads:
    Of Course I love to shop alone. I am the one that usually shops in the household. I am also the pickiest person in the household. I like certain items for a great price. Usually when I'm shopping for clothes or personable items I definitely shop alone, but for groceries and toiletries I tend to require someone else's opinion or input. Shopping alone prevents a lot of arguments and prevents you and another person just wasting time. Also I tend to shop online, where I can get the best deals on items.:eek:

13. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone if I'm just looking around and still looking for something to buy, nothing specific. I don't want to have someone waiting on me during those times and at the same time, don't want to annoy them or get bored of what I'm doing. Shopping with someone is fine for me if it's only gonna take me a few minutes to buy a thing. But other than that, I'd rather shop alone and do my own thing.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm shopping for food, I prefer my husband to come along to keep me company. If I'm shopping for clothes, he'll just kvetch the whole time so I'd rather he didn't come along. There isn't really anybody I'd rather shop for clothes with; my girlfriends would just prolong the experience by making me try on a million things I didn't intend to buy, as would my mother.

15. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    Nah, I like shopping with friends or family. Whether I'm browsing around and window shopping or doing some serious shopping, it's always nice to have someone to keep me company. It is a hassle when you're on the go and you need to keep pace with someone else, but I don't mind it too much.

16. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do, but it depends. There are times when I like to go shopping by myself but not too often, I usually take my kids with me, I like their company when shopping which is usually for them, so that way they pick out what they need or want. We really have fun shopping together.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer grocery shopping with someone, since it can drag on, it speeds up the process, gives me someone to talk to. Clothes shopping, I have to be alone though it's rarely the case. I like to take my time and look at everything, try things on etc, but when I'm with someone that isn't shopping or is done in the store I'm in, I feel rushed (whether I am or not) and I end up leaving the store before I'm ready out of courtesy to the person.

18. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone because, just like DrRipley, I like to shop and move about from store to store without having to wait around on other people. There are times, when I can't make up my mind about buying something, that I kind of wish I had someone with me. But actually all I have to do is take a picture and send it to someone and wait on their feedback or I'll find someone in the store and get their opinion.

19. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Well, my wife did the same thing, too, when she went shopping for food. I was the one who did all the carrying. She just did the buying and paying. With my money, of course.

20. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone. I am very particular about what I buy. I don't want to have to worry about someone tagging along. I like to move freely between stores without restraint. Once I went shopping with family. It was the worse experience. Never again.