Do You Prefer Shopping Alone?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Apr 9, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I only ever buy food for myself. I never really buy anything else. I prefer to shop by myself when I do so because it means I have time to wander around looking for the best deals. I think other people would find it annoying if I kept going back and forth between aisles while I tried to decide which product works out the cheapest. Also, it means I can buy whatever I want and no one will comment on it. Other people might find it strange that I buy the cheapest, generic supermarket brands rather than the "brand name" products.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping with my husband the best, but he doesn't always want to do it as much as I do :p, so I'm alright shopping alone as well.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    For me, it all depend on what I am shopping for and which stores. I like to grocery shop alone and pick all those items and goods that are reasonable and fresh. Sometimes when you are shopping with someone, they'll say that cost to much, but it is the freshness I am looking for and it can't be beat. But when I am shopping for clothing, I kind of like for someone who knows me to kind of say whether it will look right on me or not. Or that the color isn't right or whatever.

4. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    I always prefer going with someone....it makes the experience worthwhile even if you are going just to get one item, the trip is much more enjoyable because you have company and that is real important for me.....whenever i end up going alone, i usually try my best to avoid going to the shop till the very last minute

5. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I also shop alone. Most of my friends always gives out their opinions and just hard to make a choice with a lot of opinions.

So I tend to go alone. I shop fast and would go home early or go out for other activities.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to shop with my daughter because she's my best friend and having her to keep me company makes even the most mundane errands more fun. When I don't have her to joke around with, I get bored waiting in line.
    We even had a fun conversation about raves and trance music while waiting in line at the post office.
    Running errands sucks without her.

7. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping alone, but it depends on the situation. If I'm just shopping for food, snacks, company would be nice. They could buy something for themselves to eat. However, if I'm shopping for clothes, I prefer to be alone because I don't want to keep people waiting while I look around for the clothes, pants, or shoes I like. I would be just staring at a price tag for 10 minutes while my partner waits for me.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone too, because I want to shop at my own pace, and sometimes a friend wants to check out clothes in a certain store, and I have no choice but to accompany her, and it really slows me down. So unless I need someone else's help or opinion in buying things, then I prefer to shop alone.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always prefer to shop alone. I can't stand waiting around while the person I'm with mulls over something for like 10-15 minutes. Also I'm a pretty fast walker and usually the people I'm with kind of putz around and I'm always looking back for them to catch up to me. Lastly, I can't stand trying to find someone after we parted ways in the store and I'm ready to leave.

10. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    I don't like shopping alone. I always want to have my husband around for a second opinion when I need one. I also like having my husband around when I shop for groceries. I actually do not shop with anybody else but my husband. He doesn't mind it because it actually amuses him to look around too. Having my husband around has many benefits. When there are too many bags, he volunteers to bring them to the car. He also pushes the push carts.

11. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I shop alone, I can move as I please. I can take my time without thinking of others. But sometimes I want to shop with somebody, Like if I need an opinion about what I'm going to buy. It just depends on my mood. But for things at home I always need a company to carry.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to do all of my shopping at like 1am, at some of the local 24 hour grocery stores. It was so peaceful to be able to walk around and not have people in my way all the time. Also I loved not having to deal with those long lines at the registers and those jerks who tie up the line because they don't know what they are doing. The other good thing was that it helped keep me away from buying junk stuff such as things out of the prepared foods window, since that stuff was usually shut down by then.

13. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Shopping alone is still more fun we can take our own time and we can whatever we like. We don't want to feel what others will say if we shop for a longer time. :)

14. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I prefer shopping alone so that I don't forget things when distracted. I hate the feeling of running all the way across the store (Walmart, I'm lookin'at you!) when I've forgotten a simple item from the produce department and I'm in cosmetics! >.<

15. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what I am shopping for. I prefer going grocery shopping alone. Grocery shopping is not enjoyable when I have my kids and husband. I try to stick to a list and everyone wants to throw something in the cart. If I am shopping for clothes I like to shop with friends or family. I like to get the opinions of others when picking out clothes and shoes.

16. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping alone! There's nothing like being able to get what you're looking for without any interruptions or distractions. When I'm going to get something specific, I have to treat it like a mission- get in, get out! If I stand around too long, I'll end up getting a few things I didn't even need. It is so much harder to stay focused with someone around. I will take a friend every once in a while, but only when that's the whole purpose of the trip!

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

17. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    It depends. I usually enjoy shopping with my boyfriend or my cousin because they're very good company and I like getting their advice on clothes (especially my boyfriend). I also like having someone help carry my bags. I sometimes like shopping with my mother, depending on what we're shopping for exactly. Other times I don't mind shopping alone.

18. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    When I am in a rush I would prefer to shop with out my children. Overall, i would like to shop with a friend. My shopping with friends/family include jokes and laughter. Maybe lunch at a diner etc.

19. coco85

coco85New Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping alone as it saves me a lot of time. I usually find that when I go shopping with someone else, the other person's choice influences what I buy and after I've come back home I often don't end up liking those purchases. When I go out shopping by myself, I just pick out what I like within a few minutes, try it on (if possible), pay for my stuff and leave.

20. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Yeah. Every family member has something to say which is really irritating. Once we all went shopping, I ended up not buying anything.