Do You Prefer Shopping Alone?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Apr 9, 2013.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    If I'm shopping for clothes, I like to be with my girlfriend because I actually appreciate her input. For other things though, I like to be alone. I don't like to feel as if I am being pressured to make a decision.

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what kind of things am I going to buy. I prefer going shopping with my wife because I think it's kind of romantic. If my wife is busy, then I would go shopping alone. I think it's not too bad to go shopping alone once in a blue moon.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find that I prefer shopping either alone or with my mom. I think I focus better like that, because I'm not chit-chatting or "sharing" my shopping time with others.... I like shopping efficiently, not going around, getting into stores just to look around and stuff like that. I like to be intent on finding what I got there to buy. So alone is usually easier. My mom is also a good companion because she always helps me choose what I want, she is a great shopping buddy!

4. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I absolutely hate shopping alone. I think it's extremely boring because there isn't anyone to ask "is this cute" or "do you think this shirt goes with this skirt". I went shopping by myself yesterday and I was bored out of my mind.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gotten to a point I really dislike shopping lol rather it be alone or i'm with someone I just don't like it i'd rather do it online but if I have to go to a physical store than I usually like someone to be with me unless i'm just browsing than I like to be alone.

6. Ember

EmberNew Member

Threads:
    I'll take shopping alone anyday. I usually know what I want, or at least what I'm in the mood to look at, and whenever I go with someone else it always feels like either I'm dragging them around or vice versa. I know a lot of people want somebody with them to give input and such, but not me. I know what I like and that's that!

And I certainly can't go with my husband. Like most men, he does not understand that shopping is both utilitarian and recreational! :p

7. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I definitely prefer shopping alone. I like shopping at my own pace whether I'm taking my sweet time or want to be in and out. I also do not need or want anyones input on what I'm buying or being distracted by someone who wants my input on everything they pick up. That's really annoying to me when I'm looking for myself. I feel this way about most things in life though. I've gone to the movies alone and eaten out alone and always enjoy myself.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I definitely like to shop alone too. I like to finish shopping as fast as possible, and with other people it's really not all that possible.. Depends on what I'm shopping for, though.

9. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping alone for clothes. It is just hard to go with a friend when you may have different taste or luck on a certain day. They find something, you don't and you are kind of stuck from going to the next. As to anything else like grocery stores, home improvement or nurseries I don't mind having company at all.

10. Scipio

ScipioNew Member

Threads:
    For me, it varies, but it in general, I would prefer to shop alone if I know what I’m getting is consistent with what I usually get like for groceries. Of course, I end up taking a friend because sometimes they’ll give some recommendations on things to take in case what I usually buy is out of stock.

However, I’m not overly picky about things, so I get most of what I need by shopping alone. The same goes for clothes, though I don’t really have a phenomenal fashion sense, but I get by.

11. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    It doesn't really matter to me. While I do enjoy shopping with friends sometimes, I do very much enjoy shopping by myself as well. As long as I'm in a nice store that has a lot of good stuff in it I'm happy :).

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the times I would prefer to shop alone, I like to go into the store get what I want or need and leave. I am not a big shopper, having a friend with me takes up time while they look around looking for their item.

13. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    Yes, I prefer shopping alone. I'm very picky about the things I buy, and most people always disagree with what I buy. Not only that, but I also like to walk fast and buy things as quickly as possible.

14. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping alone because I can take my time. I'm big on getting the best deals and always have coupons with me so I can't have people rushing me. Plus, it's hard to shop and keep up with kids and catch all the deals. Don't get me wrong, it can be done but I'd rather go at it solo.

15. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop with my mum as whenever I go with my friend I end up being in shops I have no interest in. I like to shop with my mum because it is always good to have an opinion on things before buying them. I don't like returning items so a second opinion is always preferred before I will buy an item. If I want to be quick I find it is easier to shop alone as sometimes my friends or family will have something that catches their eye in another shop which slows shopping down.

16. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Not necessarily. Shopping with guys is O.k. but i absolutely hate shopping with women. In my experience women tend to be a bit indecisive in their shopping choices. they would shop all day if you let. As opposed to someone like me. Who knows exactly what i want. I don't go to stores to shop. I only go to stores to pick up the item that i already decided to purchase. I do not oppose shopping with someone if they already know what hey want. I do not want to be sitting in a store all day waiting for someone to decide what they want.

17. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I like shopping alone more. I take a long time to decide on things and go to random sections and go back and forth. I don't think people would want to shop with me.

18. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    I like shopping alone, but trying on stuff with friends there. If that makes sense! I don't like when people try to show me a million things while I'm shopping, and I hate feeling rushed. But I like when I have someone in the dressing room with me telling me if what I have looks good on me or not.

19. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I almost always prefer shopping alone, unless it's just a casual or random stop into a store. I like to move at my own pace while shopping. For example, sometimes I'll go to a store and like to just browse the clothes for a long time because I wanted to spend a relaxing day doing that. Most of the time, though, I tend to want to get in and get out, and having a friend with me would just hold me up.

20. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer not to. sometimes it is good to get the opinion of someone else. I think it will be good that you should be someone else who can also help you to choose some better clothes depending on your size. That works for me I do not know about other people.