Do you prefer shopping online or "real life"?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dieselfit • Oct 27, 2013.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I do online shopping as well as real life shopping. For me, it is hard to buy clothes online, because you can see if it fits you, unlike if your in a store. There are few things that I do buy online. I also make sure to shop to a very reliable website. Both online and real life shopping have their own advantages and disadvantages.

2. hbmm

hbmmMember

Threads:
    I don't want to purchase DVD's anymore, I wish there was a way I could keep them stored in an online dvd storage place haha, would be so much easier. i hate clutter

3. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    For clothes online shopping sucks..really.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only purchase things online when I can't find them offline, or when the item is a lot cheaper online compared to offline. I usually purchase electronic stuff online, although I avoid buying from overseas because of the tax.

5. Peters879

Peters879Banned

Threads:
    Online shopping is best. There is no need to go anywhere. We can check prices online.

6. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that the slightest mistake can mess up everything. I was on eBay for a laptop screen replacement, I told the seller I need this model number. He told me it's in stock. So I bought the screen and I waited an extra month because for some reason the post office here in my counter returned the package. So when it finally arrived, it ended up being the wrong screen. I told the seller which item I needed but I didn't choose the right screen. I chose the same size screen but different model number....it messed up everything!!

7. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah for sure we all would love to try on the clothes before purchasing. But sometimes the clothes online are never available in our countries. So even if I can't try them on, I would take the risk since I could probably resell it locally to a friend or something. That's one advantage, if you keep the tags on the clothes and it doesn't fit you, you can easily resell it.

8. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I much more prefer to shop online. Usually, I'll just buy 1 or 2 things from a website first to make sure the quality is good, it's the right size etc. If I like the quality and fit, I'll buy more from that website. There's much more to choose from when shopping online.

9. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I sometimes shop for groceries online when I am busy or in one of my antisocial moods (not a good thing!) but I try to get out as much as I can. I find that people living in large urban areas are becoming very impersonal and build boundaries between themselves. I find this disturbing and try to go out of my apartment as often as possible to interact people in "real life".

I guess shopping online for certain things (electronics, clothing and even some groceries) is OK but it shouldn't replace human-to-human interactions.

10. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i am doing both type of shopping. When i do not have time then i do online shopping. but when i have a time on that time i am going for window shopping and buy things from the different shops.

11. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I like the convenience of shopping on the net, but if it's something I have to use every day, especially clothes, I prefer seeing it with my own eyes. Plus sizes are generally meaningless, so I try everything on before buying.

12. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online too much. Because I am a curvaceous woman, many stores do not carry my size, so I have to find them online. Going to the store and seeing all the cute clothing items can be depressing sometimes because my size is not on the rack. Sometimes I don't even look because I know it wont be there. The only thing that I have found hard to purchase online is shoes. I usually buy my shoes in wide and once the shoe arrives, it is not fitting as it should. The return turnaround time is a waste of time. I could have went to a store and tried on a variety of shoes and walked out of there with the perfect shoe without disappointing myself.

13. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I think it really depends on what you're shopping for. If its a big purchase, I can go either way. TV's, computers, electronics I like to look both places and then buy where I can get the best price. Clothes I generally like to see in person to try on, but again, if I'm familiar with the retailer, I don't have a hard time checking out their website as well.

Toys is something I've always bought more online than in the store. It's easier to hide from my children until their birthday or Christmas time, especially when it shows up at the door in a box and it could be anything!

Groceries, definitely not online, lol. I tried Amazon Groceries a few times and price wise, it just wasn't competitive enough.

14. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    yes i am addicted to online shopping its the best time, cost and effort cutter thing to do.,....

15. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I think with online you can actually look at the reviews of what other people say. I mean even if you are looking at the product at the store, you never really know how well it performs until you've had it for a long time. Many people may complain about something that functioning properly, etc.

The toys part makes sense. You can just get something in the mail and the kids wouldn't have any idea what it is unless they open it. What a fantastic way to surprise them!

I agree 100%. The only downside would be the waiting part. And you don't really see the money draining because it doesn't feel like cash!!

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I plan to do more shopping online this holiday season than I have done in the past. I see more shoes online that are in my size than I see in the stores and may need to get my first pair of shoes purchased online soon. I usually get books and electronics online. The time saved shopping online is what will have me using more online stores.

17. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    I love shopping the most and I prefer doing it offline by going to different malls downtown because I really enjoy it. There is a high scope to select a dress to the best of our fit and it really seems exciting. Whereas in case of online shopping for dresses there may be a wide range of collection but we can't be sure regarding its fitting. I speak only of this because I lay my entire concentration on this aspect. On the other hand, for products like headphones and other electronic gadgets online shopping is preferable to some extent only when the best and genuine sites are chosen. Without such precautions we may face real dissatisfaction with it.

18. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't have a preference. I like both. And i think it all depends on what you are buying. I'd never buy jeans, tight dresses, shoes, and swimsuits online because of the fit. The problem with online shopping is that I hate going to post office to return items. So, I usually won't. At the same time, there are some clothing items that are very unique looking, that I know i will not be able to find anywhere else. Those I would buy online.

19. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I agree the fitting part is tough to figure out online. I once bought a muscle shirt off eBay and when I got it, it was just perfect. I mean it could have been A LITTLE bigger but it was just fine and I was happy with it.

20. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop online when I'm looking for a specific item or some clothes for an event. I don't get stressed out that way. Does no one else think shopping in real life is stressful? Especially, if you are trying to find an outfit for a night out or an event. But if I am going to see friends I like shopping around and browsing and having a good chat. But I never really buy anything on these trips.