Do you prefer shopping online or "real life"?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dieselfit • Oct 27, 2013.

1. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy online shopping. I can take my time and browse items easily throughout the website. There have been times where I found an item online and wanted to go to the store to see it in person and it was unavailable for purchase. However, when shopping online, you have to pay for shipping. Although most website offer free shipping promotions. In addition, if you are ordering clothing online, you can't try those items on. I have been pretty good with getting my sizes correct but some clothing do fit bigger/smaller than other brands so either way you are still taking a risk.

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    In most cases, I prefer to shop online. Even with stuff I know I want to buy in a store (e.g., shoes, clothes) I'll still look online at different department stores to see where the best place to go is to try and stuff and buy it. But for most things, you will find a better price online than in the store and you also don't have to deal with physically going into town. Shopping will eventually be all online and the only physical stores left will be service/food places.

3. redheadrebecca

redheadrebeccaNew Member

Threads:
    I am a sucker for online shopping- especially Amazon Prime. It is so much cheaper and convenient. The only time I don't buy online is if it is something I need right away, or if it's clothes. Although I did once take a chance and buy a sweater dress online once, and it fit perfectly. I wouldn't take that chance every time though.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    It usually depends on what I'm buying? If it's food and such, I'll generally buy it in the store. But with clothing, I like buying online, as long as I already know what sizes I wear in their brand. Cause I can usually find coupon codes to get a percentage off. :D

5. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    There are some things I prefer to buy online, like many pet toys and supplies because they're often cheaper online and I can usually find a better selection. I can also make sure I'm purchasing safe things e.g. there are many trusted parrot toy sellers online and I feel much more comfortable buying things from them. I know they don't use toxic metals on their toys or sell toys that parrots can accidentally strangle themselves on.

On the other hand, I prefer buying food and clothes at the store in real life. I like being able to browse and it's usually cheaper too, especially when I have coupons or buy things on sale. It's also nice to walk around in a real store sometimes.

6. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping in real life because I can see and feel the clothes that I am going to buy and also fit them properly and find the right size. I am not really into inline shopping especially clothes because they are difficult to assess by using only a computer and pictures. The clothes may also look different compared to the pictures or are at risk of being fake so I am more of the traditional real life shopper.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a big shopper online I like to go to the store to feel the items I wan to purchase, try them on if they are clothes but I am sure that will change as more and more stores are closing their local brick and mortar store.

8. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Shopping online is extremely convenient for me. The stores in my area tend not to have the sizes I wear or the brands I like. Shopping online allows me to use coupon codes that I would not be able to use in-store.

9. DAngelo_Pugh

DAngelo_PughNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop for my items online. There are so many great things to find on the internet that you wouldn't be able to find in your general area. There will be so much to choose from when shopping online. A downside when shopping online would be not being able to try something on first though.

10. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    It really depends on what I'm buying. For example, PC parts I usually prefer to buy them online because they're usually cheaper and have more variety. When it comes to tablets, phones, etc. I prefer to buy them in real life because you can't really feel a phone online. I also prefer to buy books online because they're much cheaper.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Any day of the week, I prefer to do online shopping over physical shopping. Firstly, you save on the gas, or on public transport money, or on taxi cab money. I am not someone who likes a lot of people either, and so avoiding the crowds is also super great for me. The prices online are often way better than in real life, though the shipping prices can be terrible.

12. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I like going to stores because I can make sure the size of my clothes fit. Even if the site is legit and even if you know your own measurement, something will always go wrong when you try to shop online. Also, I don't like having to wait for the goods to arrive. That's why I think that the convenience of online shopping from home is not worth it. Besides, the shopping mall or Target near my place are quite reachable so I don't think it cost me a lot to go to stores and buy my clothes.

13. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I normally do not buy clothes online because I like to see how the items are going to fit before I commit to the purchase. I also like to be able to inspect the quality and the fabrics. There have been several times in the past where I ordered something and it did not fit, so I had to go through the hassle of returning the item. The only clothing items I normally purchase online are socks, underwear, and jackets.

14. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    It depends what I am shopping for. If I am purchasing books, toys, or games I prefer to shop online. When it comes to clothes and shoes I prefer to shop in the store. I prefer to take the time to try clothing and shoes on to make sure they fit. It can be a pain to receive clothing or shoes that you purchased online and then you have to return them. I rather not go through that hassle.

15. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I used both. I prefer to buy gadgets and othe electronic stuffs (except phones) online. In terms of clothes and foods I prefer buying it in malls and markets. It is important for me to check clothes personally if it suits my style or taste and to see to it that they dont have any damage.

16. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    It depends. If I'm shopping for clothes its too much of a hassle to return things. I like to try them on first. If it's electronics or something substantial then I will go to the shops and see the item in real life and then order online

17. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Real life, every single time dudeeee!

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like shopping through both methods. I've bought some clothes online, yes, but most of my clothes were bought from stores I've personally visited. Although I enjoy online shopping, one of my biggest concerns when it comes to apparel is that what I ordered may not fit me. I encountered such a problem when I bought sneakers online and I ended up purchasing a pair that's one size too small. That was the biggest size in stock so I couldn't return it and there wasn't an item of a similar price.

19. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I do most of my shopping online. I own a measuring tape and measure myself before purchasing. I've been satisfied with probably 80% of things I've ordered online. I even buy my shoes online. The only things I need to buy in person are bras and panties. Online shopping is so convenient.

20. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to food shopping then I definitely prefer to shop in store. I know exactly what I'm getting then and I like to look at other options that might be available. Anything else though, clothes etc I prefer to shop online. I'ma typical man and hate trudging round from shop to shop and then trying things on. Much rather do it from the comfort of my own home.