Do you prefer shopping online or "real life"?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dieselfit • Oct 27, 2013.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online instead of shopping in stores because sometimes I just don't want to deal with the general public. I just love shopping online when I have a lot of coupons and there are some great sales. I just hate the way companies gouge you for shipping fees though.

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I still like to shop in the real world. It's part of the shopping experience, after all. But you can't ignore the importance of online shopping. It's convenient, it can be cheaper and it opens up a broader world. So for me it's all about mixing up the two worlds.

3. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends greatly on what it is I am buying. If it is things like a car large furniture, appliances and even shoes, I prefer to do it in real life. That way I can see for myself exactly what I am getting. If I am buying small things like a T-shirt, pens, pencils, bulbs, etc, I prefer to go online. I have bought things like a laptop, iPad, and even a $600 digital camera online mainly because it was from a reputable store.

4. Brentnauer

BrentnauerNew Member

Threads:
    I like to shop around at a brick-and-mortar place, but only really buy something from them if I'm too impatient to wait for shipping and I already know what I want.

Shopping online, I can scour the internet for reviews and narrow my choice down to the best of the best... Plus, I'm a minor agoraphobe so this means I don't have to face the rest of society as often. (kidding)

5. jaxson's mommy

jaxson's mommyNew Member

Threads:
    I will ship online for some things, but I hate shopping online for clothes! I want to see it in person I feel like it always looks different. I want to be able to try it on. and I like to grocery shop most of the time. I don't go very ofter I try to make it just a every other week thing and not go for every meal. bow you see everyone shopping for EVERYTHING online! I can't imagine shopping for food online! Idk...

6. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I mainly shop online for miscellaneous things like deodorant, body wash, etc; or small electronics accessories like headphones and SD cards. Because there is less overhead I can find much more online than I can in the storefront location.
    Sometimes if there is a piece of clothing that I want that isn't in the store I will look online to see if they have anything and if they do I'll get it.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Before, I really preferred going out to the mall and do my shopping there, but right now, I'm very much hooked into online shopping. I really like the convenience this one offers to me. With just one click, you'll be able to purchase the item of your choice, and it can be delivered right at your doorstep the next day. It's really addictive.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some things I enjoy buying online, like shirts, dresses and skirts. Those have a good chance of fitting me well if I'm careful with sizes and comments when buying online.
    However stuff like shorts, jeans, pants overall, bikinis are hard. Those I have to buy in stores in person.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop online whenever possible. Anything to avoid traffic and grumpy consumers. I used to enjoy browsing around, but now I just suck up all that bad energy and it's not exactly how I want to spend any of my time. Maybe if the day comes that people can chill out and be a little more mindful of each other, I can think about doing my shopping in an actual store more often. Not likely to happen though.

10. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online all the way! Honestly, shopping in stores is so unreliable. For example, they may not have what I want, or they may have what I want, but in the wrong size. Not only that, but shopping throughout a mega-mall for about half of your day is extremely exhausting!

If I shop online, I choose what I want, in the size that I want (they also provide measurements, which means that you don't even have to try anything on - just use a tape measure), and they deliver it to me within a week or so!

I no longer have any appeal for shopping in real life.

Plus, I've gotten into the style of clothing that "Inu Inu" and "Syndrome" provide - so it's pretty much impossible for me to get back into the mainstream styles of "Forever 21".

SYKWCQnuqiteo.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I still prefer shopping in real life just because online shopping isn't as efficient in my country compared to yours. The shipping fee of online shopping is also high considering the cost of transportation here in the Philippines. The only time I bought something online is when I bought a rare comic book from eBay. Other than that, all of my shopping happens in the mall.

12. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    My father lived in the Philippines for quite some time, as well. He grew up there, but had lived in America since childhood. He recently went back to visit family for a year or so, and he found buying from online American stores was quite expensive (in terms of shipping) at the time. But he did find it a lot less expensive when buying from neighboring countries, such as Australia, Japan, China, and South Korea.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly enjoy both equally. It just depends on my mood, price and availability. I am always swapping between the two, dependent on those factors. I am one of those people who absolutely enjoys shopping, both online and on the high street.

14. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    The only time I really like shopping online is when the choices at the store are insufficient. The choices online are far more vast, virtually unlimited. You can find a lot of rare items and cool products that are a bit under the radar. That to me is the coolest part about shopping online.