Do You Prefer Silver Or Gold Jewelry?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by hayrake • Dec 26, 2014.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the look of gold and the pretty sparkle gold gives to your bling effect! Gold is readily liquid assets too. I like gold to silver always, but can afford silver prices. :D So sometimes silver is what I buy instead of gold though I like gold better. Gold and silver matches anything luckily and both add to your bling effect always.

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    When I was younger preferred the look of gold jewelry. But I am starting to buy some silver jewelry so I'll mix it up with what I'm wearing. I think When I picked out my wedding ring I put white gold and gold on it so I'd be able to wear both pieces of jewelry. I inherited most of my mother in laws jewelry and it's mostly silver and some gold pieces. I started wearing them and received lots of compliments. I'm so happy I was open to the look of silver.

3. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer gold jewelry because my wife like it.

4. Simran Kaur

Simran KaurNew Member

Threads:
    According to me, I love to wear gold jewelry. I don't like silver. Wearing gold jewelry looks good too.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Gold it is for me! I love the yellow glitter of gold and most of my jewellery is gold. Although I do have a few pairs of toerings and anklets in silver for me, but that is because we never wear silver on our feet. I also have a few pieces of imitation jewellery and a pearl necklace set.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In either way I could wear jewelry made of silver or made of gold. Right now, I am wearing a gold bracelet and a gold ring. Though I love silver jewelries, but I have no choice for my wife has bought me gold jewelries. I don't want to offend her. One occasion I talk to her if it is okay for her if I use silver jewelries. She said it's okay as long as I am comfortable. Well, there is no problem either I use gold or silver.

7. chel

chelNew Member

Threads:
    Gold or silver? I would always prefer wearing silver ever since. When I wear Gold jewelry, I feel like it does not fit to my skin color. Even though Gold has been treasured traditionally, for its radiance and elegant, Silver jewelries is still best for me.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I like silver jewelry but for me and even though it may go well some type of wear. for me like many other persons, gold will the more revered accessory. Gold seems to have this of magical charm which makes it so very appealing to most people and probably it's the color which mostly makes it so appealing to many people.

9. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I have a lust for gold. However, where I come from, wearing gold jewelry is likely to make you a target for criminals. This is because of the ready backdoor market, for such items. Rumours from reliable sources say that a gram would go for as much as $40. Therefore, I am left with no option but roll on silver jewellery.

Silver, is also not so bad. It has a nice lusture and helps improve appearance. Though in this case it's my preferred jewellery, I am really looking forward to owning a diamond.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the whiteness of silver and its more affordable than gold or platinum,also its very durable and the designs in silver are more available as well. Also silver has a bright luster to it as well,which I like-and you can more easily build a big collection of jewelry because of the price,which is fun and interesting.

11. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't wear jewelry and I discourage people in our home to wear jewelry because to me, that is just flaunting. However, I understand that women have to have jewelry even for an earring or bracelet. And when it comes to the material, it is always gold. So many years ago when I was in London for a work assignment, I bought a silver necklace for my wife. But she's not using it anymore because of the oxidation. She has to clean it every time she would use it. With gold, no need to do that because gold remains the same and has more value than silver.

12. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I like silver too because of it's brightness and more over silver suits me better than gold. But I do wear gold earring's which is the only things that will not harm my ears. But I have silver ring which I love it.

13. Paige J

Paige JNew Member

Threads:
    I think it depends a lot on your skin color and personal preferences obviously. Personally I prefer gold to silver, but I tend to wear both colors and some times I will wear them both at once. Rose gold is my absolute favorite though.

14. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    Personally, I prefer silver to gold. Gold are too loud for my taste. I like to always blend in the crowd and not easily spotted.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Silver is my dig. Most people see gold as more expensive and exquisite but believe silver gives you the best satisfaction for your money compared to gold.

Wearing a sliver ornament is linked to wearing a diamond. They breed the same aura because of the similarity in its color. Gold is good there is no denying it but to me silver is best. But if it would be possible, I think the combination of both silver and gold in one ornament is best. I used to have a necklace that is made up silver and gold and the way it glitters is not from this world. I still rue the day I lost the necklace till today.

16. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I am not so much fond of wearing jewelry, but I prefer silver to gold. Silver looks better and goes along with every dress – ethnic or western and secondly gold is quite expensive and hence not safe to wear them. There has been many gold snatching in our city and therefore many people don’t wear gold now. For ear-rings I prefer gold to any other metal, because it suits me. I have problem wearing any other metals.

17. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    Difficult. I like both. :p But I choose silver for everyday use. Because for me it's not too fancy. It's also easy to pair up with any clothes, bag, or shoes. And lastly, I won't feel too bad if ever I lost it since it is not expensive. I only use gold during parties or events. Another reason why I can't use it everyday is because in my country, there's a high chance you'll get mugged if you flaunt your gold jewelry. :D:D:D

18. Nkudensi

NkudensiNew Member

Threads:
    I do use both silver and gold coloured jewelry. However, my preference is that of gold. Gold jewelry has a way of enhancing my skin. It also matches most of my outfit than silver jewelry. Anytime I decide to put gold jewelry, I make sure I put on a simple black coloured earring in order not to look too loud.

19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    For earrrings, I prefer little gold studs than the silver ones. I'm not fond of wearing bracelets or any other accesories, so a pair of earrings are enough on my ear to prevent the holes of my ears from closing.

20. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I guess gold will be good as compare to silver.