Do you purchase baked goods from the grocery store?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by True2marie • Dec 28, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Do you purchase baked goods from a grocery store?

Other than bread, these types of foods usually are cheaper if you make them yourself. I usually opt to bake my own. They taste better anyway.

lgBasic-Steps-of-Baking-Bre.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I do, whenever I see some yummy looking bread at the supermarket, I can't resist trying them out. I just always look at the expiry date so that I won't end up buying old or about to expire bread.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do, but not very often. I love baking, but my time is short so I will grab an apple pie (my favorite) from time to time.

I also will grab a muffin on the go. Yes, I know it's loaded with fat, but it is delicious. I have never attempted to make muffins from scratch. That sounds like a good challenge. I just need to set aside some time for baking.

4. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We always purchase baked goods from our local bakery. There are times where we may buy a loaf of bread from our local grocery if there is a good sale going on. Other than that then I love to bake any goods at home.

5. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    There's nothing better than baking your own tasty treats, however, my local grocery story have a nice selection of desserts. I pick up baked goods from my local grocery store at times. They have some delicious sugar cookies and tasty red velvet cupcakes. Although, I prefer to eat my grandmother's homemade red velvet cake, the local grocery store comes pretty close to her recipe.

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    My local Fresh and Easy has an instore bakery with great stuff. In the evening they mark it down to half price or less for goods baked that day. Can't beat the price or the quality, even though I like to bake.

7. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    The bakery is closer than the grocery store so I would usually go there. I don't find that homemade breads are much cheaper and paying a little extra not to have clean the whole kitchen is worth it. The grocery stores around here have poor quality bread so I avoid getting it there.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I very rarely buy any baked goods other than bread. If I do it's most likely from the bakery next door, better quality than in grocery stores.