Do you purchase Chinese clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lindbergh • Oct 26, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chinese products have been known to be substandard. But despite that, there are still a lot of people who purchase these products. Chinese apparel are also pretty cheap. I've seen some dresses, shirts, and blouses within the 10 to 20 dollar range. Do you purchase Chinese apparel?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I'm not one to check the "Made in..." label before I purchase.

Some clothes I don't care if they are cheap. Seasonal items that I know I'm just going to get rid of in a few months (like summer tank tops, t-shirts, and lightweight sweaters) I'm willing to pay a little less for. But in general, I try not to buy clothes that are going to be ruined by one trip in the washing machine.

I'm pretty sure my favorite jeans are made in America. They're expensive as heck too. And I don't buy clothes at big box stores (like Walmart and Target), so I don't know how much Made in China clothes I have.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I really don't care most of the time where they are made. As long as they look cool. I'm also not that brand conscious.

4. minda

mindaNew Member

Threads:
    I do not mean for clothes to last a long time all the time. I do not mind buying and wearing clothes from China for as long as they are not mimicking the originals. I would usually by generic tshirts and blouses that have "never heard" brands. I would never buy a fake branded shirt or anything because I do want to respect the companies who don't even know they are being copied (or probably know but they can't do anything about it).

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think it's safe to say that we all have worn Chinese clothing items at some point in out lives, but you are probably referring to Chinese brands, and I think that's where the difference lies when you buy Chinese made products. With an international brand you are assured of the quality even if they are made in China, while with buying generic or Chinese brand products, the standard is lower in quality, but also the price is way lower of course. I've worn both, and they serve their own purpose for me personally. I wear cheap clothing for less important days or for when I only need to wear the item a few times or if it isn't as visible. Otherwise, I tend to buy more quality items whenever I can.

6. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays it seems that everything we buy is "made in China" so it's hard to avoid Chinese products. Whenever I see something interesting made in different part of the world and it's good quality I purchase it.

7. lovemybliss

lovemyblissNew Member

Threads:
    I do, especially for items that are only for a season. The prices make it so much easier.

8. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I think we all do whether we know it or not, nearly all clothes that are manufactured are made in China. If not India/Bangladesh where the conditions and quality is much the same.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Considering the vast majority of modern clothing is manufactured in China, I suspect most people own clothing which is made in China. Personally I try to avoid clothes which are made in China because I associate made in China with poor quality construction and materials. I would rather pay more for a product made in Europe or Japan or USA etc.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not intentionally, but when I buy branded clothes, I noticed that most of them are made in China, so to answer your question, I unintentionally purchase them, lol.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind buying something cheap as long as it serves a purpose. Yes I've heard of most Chinese products being of a poorer quality but we also have to take into account that some companies simply invest or base their industries or whatever in China and other Asian countries because the labor is cheaper.That means in some cases the products are of the same quality as those that would be produced at home?

So really, it depends. . . I'll take a look at the clothing and if it's OK, I'll buy it.

12. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I am beginning to notice that a lot of things we wear and use are manufactured in China. Shoes are hot topic. The Classic style Uggs were made in China. JS

13. ChrisRoger

ChrisRogerNew Member

Threads:
    I really don't care most of the time where they are made. As long as they look cool. I'm also not that brand conscious.

14. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't read the "Made in..." label before I buy an item. If I like an item, it fits well, the quality is decent, and the price is worthwhile, I buy it. I'd love to buy more "Made in America" clothing, but i find a lot of them very expensive. For example, I love lots of clothing designers on Etsy, but have you seen their prices lately. The other day, I fell in love with this vintage looking, country dress on Etsy. I would have bought it immediately, but the cost was in the $200s.

15. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I know that a majority of the clothing made now is from China, sometimes you really can't avoid it. I shop for brands and quality and I noticed that these clothing pieces are made in other countries than China (like India and USA). If it says "Made in China" then I don't really care, I only read the label out of curiosity and to see where most of my clothes are made in. A majority of my clothing now, are from other places than China, which is surprising.

16. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Yep. Most of the time I do. I'm very petite, so it is hard to find clothes small enough to fit me in regular stores. So I buy the majority of my clothing from online retailers. I love the look of Asian clothing, anyway. Especially Korean clothing.

17. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I've never bought to myself, but I've bought to my mother and grandmother, I think they have great clothing for older women. Also my wife buys there, it's super cheap and there's not much difference in the quality.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend that will not purchase items made in China. I really don't care, if I like it I will purchase it.

19. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly it depends on the clothes. If it looks nice and it's something I would buy, the last thing I would ask is where is it made from or what brand is it. Since everything is made in China, I don't think it should matter to most people unless it's horrible quality then I would see why it shouldn't be purchased.

20. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a fake product I think that is considered Chinese Clothing if that counts. I was so mad about this situation. Other than this incident though, I have never purchased a product that was Chinese clothing.