Do You Purchase Clothes Online When There Is A Massive Sale?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by akiii123 • Jan 31, 2015.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    A lot of sites out there including Amazon and flipkart have sales that are quite beneficial. But most of the things that are put for sales are quite not very popular among people. So do you enjoy buying things online when they are on sale?

2. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    The only clothing store I shop at online is Torrid.

(Mostly because the closest one is over an hour away, but now that Delia's is going out of business, they're putting a Torrid in my local mall!! Hooray!)

I've only shopped at their sale times and I've found some good deals that way. I recently got 50 something bucks in merch for only 20 something! Which is a pretty nice deal! Though, only shopping sales as spoiled me, because their "regular" prices are soooo high. :confused: But I enjoyed shopping during sales times from them! I think they're best sale to date was the After Christmas sale. Got a faux suede studded dress that was original 80 something dollars for only 19 dollars!! :D

3. lollie

lollieNew Member

Threads:
    Of course! The best time to do this is during off season. For instance, shop online sales for Winter clothes during the Spring/Summer months. And shop sales for summer clothes during the colder months. I've always been successful at this -- like a load of clothes for around $100-200. I shop sites: H&M, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Target etc. Also watch for Target :) I love that place for clothes, shoes and accessories!

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend to want to browse the site a bit more if there is a sale going on, although I agree that usually the items out on sale and sold at low prices aren't always that good, and for the more popular items you'd only usually get a little discount if any. I think it's still worth checking out though, since from time to time you still get to find a few hidden gems.

5. PrettyBrainQueen

PrettyBrainQueenBanned

Threads:
    They probably aren't popular among people because Amazon hits hard on the tax. By the time you're done with them it's no longer a savings unless you have the savings card to get an extra $10 off.

6. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    Just recently I've got myself a paypal account and started doing some Internet shopping. I know this sounds like I 've been frozen for the last 40 years but it never seemed safe for me. Now that I received a couple of ordered items I am rather enthusiastic about shopping on-line which is not good for my bank account.
    I am a little concern when buying clothes on line firstly because I can not feel what I am buying. My body does not tolerate all materials so buying something without touching it is risky. Secondly, the shape of my body is strange so I always have to try clothing items before buying.
    However, if the sales and discounts are really this big I will definitely be tempted to acquire some of the items, if I find anything esthetically acceptable.
    Can someone tell me when are prices at their minimum?

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course I do. It hasn't been long but I do enjoy purchasing clothes and shoes online. In fact, I find a number of interesting items online compared to malls and boutiques. For instance, there are more interesting boots with chic and quirky designs in online shops. If I buy them when there's no massive sale happening, how much more if there's one?

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I dunno, it depends when I see something that I like, then I would buy it if it's cheap. I have just discovered that buying 2nd hand clothes will make you save a lot of money, so I'm now more inclined to look at 2nd hand stores first online.

9. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... I am a notorious for not paying top dollar for clothes, because I don`t think it should cost that much. Now I am interested in this idea of buying second hand clothes.
    @sidney@sidney Where do you find second hand clothes on line? Are prices fair and do they charge a lot for delivery? I live in south-eastern Europe so that's a factor too. Do ordered items arrive as you saw them on pictures on pictures or is it like buying a cat in a bag?

10. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    If something is cheap enough to offset the shipping, I do. I like the feeling of getting a bargain. But those darn shipping fees are usually so high that it makes it not really much of a bargain. Sometime, I can get lucky and find a code somewhere to get free shipping. But you really have to hunt around to find those.

And I am also curious as to where you buy second hand clothing online.

11. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    I know the feeling of getting a bargain. And I know the feeling when you find something you really like and at an affordable price and then to see that the shipping costs are greater than the price of the item. It is really sad that they charge that much for shipping.
    @jewel777@jewel777 I am curious where would one find code to get free shipping?

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my 2nd hand clothes on Ebay, but to avoid tax and expensive shipping I shop locally on ebay.ph and I choose "Philippines only" in the search filter. You should try that too in ebay.co.uk or on a nearer Ebay version. The clothes that I bought arrived just as described too, and the pants and tops that I buy range from $1 to $3 each, while the branded pants range from $5 up, although I'm content with the non-branded ones. Also try

or

, they offer free worldwide shipping.

#12Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015