Do You Read Newspapers Online?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by remnant • Sep 8, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Most people are acquainted to hard copy newspapers inspite of the progressive increase in cost over the years due to inflation and other factors. There are online versions of the same which are much cheaper to access due to the fact that one only requires a subscription fee to read the content online. Some companies have embraced the digital version and done away with the hard copies. Would you prefer an online version?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a number of newspapers which you can read free online while some have some free content but to read everything in the newspaper you have to pay a subscription fee. However since you can read most news free online there's no need to buy a newspaper if you spend some time on the net every day. That's why I don't buy newspapers anymore.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't pay any subscriptions, but I read certain news stories online. Some local papers only allow so much content for free per week and then charge. I can see that they have costs, but when it's a story that is topical people will just look for the story elsewhere.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes read feature stories on the Washington Post on my Kindle. That reminds me though, I can also read my community newspaper online and it is readily available. I think I will look at it this morning. The print version costs 75 cents which is not a lot...but online is free! The only advantage to print copies is that sometimes coupons are available which could save you money!

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only read news online. Mostly for local news. For the rest I find reliable, unbiased sources. Not very common ;)

6. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    It depends, I read the shoppers guide in paper form becasue its free and delivered to my mail box. Local paper I read online (but its not a subscription), I am usually only interested in the classifieds and the highlighted stores. NYT you get 10 free article viewing a month I usually use everyone of those up.

7. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't read a paper and ink newspaper for a very long time. All my news I get from online sources. There's a lot of advantages in getting the news online. For one, I can read about the same event from many different angles. This helps me to get a better perspective of what's happening. Of course, reading the news online saves a lot of money. That's also a very important factor.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are 3 major newspapers here and they all have an online version. So what's the use of buying newspaper when you can read the news for free online. We used to have a subscription of Manila Bulletin but we have already cancelled it several years ago for we are now availing of the free newspaper in the internet. The money saved is not much but it is a good feeling to realize that we are getting the news for free.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind reading news online, and that is what I will do if I'm looking for a particular piece of news. But my dad buys newspapers everyday, so I just browse them if I want to update myself on the latest current events.

10. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes because online newspapers seems to much reliable than online blogs, and it's much up to date with news as well. I also read online magazines, and one of my favorites would be Entrepreneur, the best thing is, they already have a smartphone app downloadable for free. :D

11. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy the printed version of one newspaper for the crossword puzzle. But I don't buy every day since I only do the crossword puzzle during bedtime. And for the news, I avail of the online version which is free. At least I have some savings no matter how small.

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely bougt a news paper and that was when I was looking for jobs in it. I don't really read the news if I want to know what's going on in the world I watch the news or read it online. I don't pay for any subscription I just read what's available for free.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No, not really, because we have a copy of the day's newspaper already since my dad can't seem to live without them, despite having a wi-fi and cable subscription. So if I want to read the news then I'll browse the newspaper. But that happens only once in a blue moon, since I'm not that interested in keeping myself updated with current events.

14. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I only read the news that's available for free online. I'm not too interested in newspapers unless I need to find a new place to stay, purchase a car or look for a new job. I have only bought 2 newspapers in my life I believe and only from dispensers outside. I never subscribed to any.

15. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Very rarely I must say. I find news pretty boring and repeated. So, unless it is something major I don't bother reading petty stuff that are negative mostly.

16. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Online newspaper versions are great but you can't beat having that crispy paper in your hands. It is much more comfortable to read sitting at a table or sofa with a newspaper than looking at a screen. It may even be better for your eyes too.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I can hardly be on the internet a day without reading the news online, that'll be too boring for me if I don't. I am able to read different news from different part of the world easily, if I wanted to get those news in the hard form I am not sure if that will possible or I may have to spend a chunk of my money running after those news. Reading the news online has been doing it for me for over seven years.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Yap. It is my night routine to go over my online newspaper subscription to read what is the latest happenings from the local scene to the world scene, from government affairs to entertainments. It pays a great advantage to keep abreast on what is going on around the country and around the world.

19. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Well not online newspapers though, but I tend to look for news throughout the web. I normally browse for new from different websites to have different sources. I don't do it everyday though since I'm busy most of the time so I don't have the time to check the news.

I can say that my great source of news would be Facebook since I have followed different news pages to keep me posted just by looking through my News Feed and theirs :)

20. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Reading papers online is an habit I develop few years back, a lot more convenient for me and easy to have access to any news from any part of the world. Going online is easily my chief source of news and at no cost other than my internet subscription charges.