Do You Really Earn Money From Cash Back Sites?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kaka135 • Jun 1, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have not really try out any cash back sites yet, as I haven't explore much yet and I don't do much shopping. I wonder if it's really good for earning money, or perhaps saving money as we get cash back.

Do you use any Cash Back sites? Will you attempt to buy more?

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have made money by using cash back offers, even though the amount was very small. I use a site that gives cash back on recharge cards for cellphone and cable TV services. Apart from getting cash back on this site, I also earn points by buying various services. I can redeem these points for real money.

3. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I am not really sure how they work, but I can tell you this much, if you shop frequently from such sites, then you do save a considerable money as they don't actually give your money back, but you can use those cashback credits to shop for products in future.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried the cash back sites. It seems a kind of provocation. They compel us to buy more in lieu of giving a meager amount back.I'd rather go for sites which will offer good deals on buying. I'm a customer who don't believe in getting something later. I want to save cash at the time of buying itself. Cash back sites might implement many terms and conditions to return cash once a customer is under their mercy.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Ebates in the past and it is nice that you get money back if you are doing your shopping online. You can get cash back even if the sites are having sales or you have coupon codes for money off your purchase. I figure why not combine sales and discounts with cash back and increase your savings. Now I go through Swagbucks when I shop online and get money back through there. Sometimes, they increase the percentage you save at certain sites.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    No I haven't tried it yet and I have no plans to simply because you can't really save money in doing so. They will just tempt you to buy more because of the promos they have and the "great" deals that they offer but the truth is that they have higher prices if you take a look at other sites and compared prices.

7. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    Depending on what the site and service of it is you can earn money but it would have to be in small amounts without a lot of benefits. Such as doing a survey or errand that takes about an hour which only give you back a couple of dollars. More importantly they will make you do mindless mind numbing tasks which may not give back money at all. If you really wanted to do it look at the reviews of the site form credible sources and people that have tried it. You best would rather do something other than this as it would gain more money than doing cashback sites for little pay.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've read and heard of these sites before, but I've never used them (and actually have no plans to use them). They don't like a good option for me.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I did hear sometime ago about this cash back sites but yet to have an experience of how it goes. Is that at the end of your shopping you get back some percentage or amount of the money one spent shopping on the site. I haven't use any of such sites before I will like this kind of offer of money back it's a good incentive I guess.

10. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    I usually do not stretch my shopping budget for the cashback websites. If it fits into my shopping budget, I do search the websites which are offering cash back, which is equal to the money I am ready to spend on my shopping. You have to be very careful in choosing the website and one should read the terms of the cashback carefully as many of the promotional pages of theses websites can be misleading. For eg. If a website is giving a cash back of $10 on a $100 shopping, it may provide and cash back on $10 which can be used on your next shopping only if you shop more than 50$. That means to spend another $50 to take the benefit of the cash back. I usually avoid such promotions. I only go for the web sites which would offer me a cash back and the same can be used immediately without me spending any more money to claim it.

11. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    Well how much you earn depends entirely on how much are you spending, you can't to expect to make decent money with purchases below 20$.

12. BradS367

BradS367New Member

Threads:
    A lot of cash back apps are available in the market. I haven't used many--used just a few. I signed up with Swiggle a few months back and till date I have earned $41.7 back from various retailers in terms of price drop refunds.. Did install Earny as well but didn't receive any cash back refund. So yes, such apps do work and help you save money. The best part about Swiggle is that it's totally free to use. However, you could also try out apps like Shopular to keep track of all the deals offered by various retailers.

13. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm new to this stuff, but I'm checking out all the offers like this on Swagbucks as well. Since I'm already signed up there and do other things for points there, I figured I'd give it a try through them.

I won't be buying stuff I don't need just to get points but if shopping for something needed at a store we use anyway, why not?

Updates will be posted depending how it goes, but it looks like we can definitely save some money this way.

14. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have been pretty lax in this area. I definitely know amazon in will definitely work for me as I have been shopping relentlessly with them. I have yet to look for gift coupons and such knick knacks that one gets on the Net if one is serious about finding them.

15. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I quite understand the way it works so I haven't yet tried any cash back sites. Although I use the loyalty programs I have never tried cash back sites but would really love to give it a go as I have heard a lot of good reputation and gains from using them. I will give a try and share my experience. :)

16. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, i have only used cash back websites a few times but i have learned and noticed that you need to buy a lot to earn back some

17. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I think it's something that is meant to add up over time. Well, unless you spend a ton, which the average person can't do. While I don't see it as being some huge windfall, I'm happy to save wherever possible. So, I'm willing to make purchases via these methods for a small return. Over time, that return will turn into some gift cards at least. Those will come in handy for holiday shopping.

18. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can earn money, but sometimes purchases don't track. Sites such as Quidco and TopCashBack often have incentives around the holiday time or if you haven't been online and will offer things like £10 when you make your next purchase of £10 or more, or £2.50 bonus when you spend on a bank holiday. The trick is to make sure you don't use any codes which invalidate the offer and make sure the purchase amount is tracked.

I've received payments, and they are better than nothing, but these bonuses are only for selected members and you also have to activate them, and may have limited numbers that can participate.

19. BradS367

BradS367New Member

Threads:
    I don't believe that's true! With cash back apps like Swiggle, you get money back for all the items the price of which has dropped after a certain period of making the purchase--it never depends on the number of items you buy.

20. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    In a way it does depend on how much money you spend, since if you were to spend a relatively small amount of money, it would not be worth it.