Do You Rearrange The Shelves In Your Refrigerator?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MrsJones • Jan 21, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    We bought a standard top freezer refrigerator after moving into our new home. Nothing fancy about it. I did have difficulty storing big items like milk and juice or other containers that needed to be refrigerated especially if there were more than one. I decided to rearrange my shelves to eliminate this frustration. It has been on of the better decisions that I have made. Have you rearranged the shelves in your refrigerator to better suit your needs?

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't know how I would manage if I couldn't rearrange the shelving in my refrigerator. I have a way I keep it normally, but once in awhile I put something large in there that forces me to rearrange temporarily.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm very particular about the arrangement of the things inside my fridge. I like my stuff to be well-classified and same things grouped together. When I was buying my latest refrigerator, I was also considering the fact that the shelves must be customizable or movable. It's just really difficult to stick with the standard shelves of a fridge.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, rearranging my refrigerator is essential to storing my foods properly. I usually leave a foot shelving height for the top and about 16 inches for the main middle area above the tub storages. For the side panels, I simply keep a equal distant between the levels. As for the fridge area itself, I make two foot tall shelving areas in the middle, one 8 inch top shelf, and the rest open on the bottom. Bad organization will result in bad food storage, and that will result in a lot of used foods going bad and making one's refrigerator smell awful or accumulate molds.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do rearrange the refrigerator once in a while, but I do not fancy it everytime. I think it is best to use the usual shelves, and I rearrange only when I have to store large vessels.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I have not rearranged my refrigerator before. I think it's much more practical to decide if the layout of the fridge will suit the groceries and crockery which you tend to have before buying the fridge unit. There's plenty to choose from to suit your needs.

7. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always rearrange the shelves of our refrigerator in the house especially after a celebration where there are many left-over food. I rearrange it so that it can fit all the containers according to their size.

8. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I rearranged the shelves once but it was to store the items properly. Since then, I only take them out to clean the fridge but then they go back to where they belong. I realized I WAS storing them incorrectly: more on how comfortable it was for me to get them out and less on how to make them stay fresher.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I rearrange them as I don't always like bottles or cartons in the door or there isn't enough room. People get lazy, but as I like to clean the fridge out I often adjust the shelves and have a large space for bowls and bottle and a smaller one for things like sandwiches or spreads.