Do You Recommend Wooden Or Plastic Clothes Pins?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Diane Lane • Jun 9, 2015.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Most people in my locality use plastic pegs, its hard to find wooden
    pegs unless they be custom made. I am currently working in a busy
    laundry and we use barbed wire to hang clothes. Unlike pegs, we don't
    have to worry about replacing lost or broken pieces which saves on
    costs.

2. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely plastic. Wooden gets rotten and becomes darkened and ends up soiling clothes. No matter how much you care for them, it might rain and it becomes soiled. With plastic pegs, all you have to do is just pick them in and out. No rust, no rottenness, no soil.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Wood is more sturdy but it will get wet just by pinning the wet clothes, right? So I think the better and cheaper choice would be the plastic clothes pin. We have always used the plastic kind ever since, and from what I observed, they tend to last for many years, I say around 5 years or more.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought both and I prefer wood clothes pins because plastics breaks fast. Wood clothes pins seems to be more durable and if it starts slipping all you have to do is put the wood back into the metal part and it starts working again. Wooden clothes pins goes on sale too so you can get a good price on wooden clothes pins.

5. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I prefer wooden clothing pins. From my experience, plastic breaks after some time because the clothes that it pins are wet, thus eventually degrading the quality of the plastic. The wood also has better grip in my opinion, and it definitely has a longer lifespan compared to the plastics. Nothing is more annoying for me that plastic pins breaking while you press them.