Do You Regularly Buy Apps?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by JulianWilliams • Jan 20, 2015.

1. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    I prefer to use free apps. I've ever found anything I needed to be able to do that wasn't being offered by some free app so I've never seen the point of paying for them. What apps have you paid for?

2. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I think I can find free apps for what I need. I only bought cerberus app and I do not regret it so far. Other than that, I do not see myself spending money on apps. Even though they are pretty cheap, it seems like it's not worth it for me.

3. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I do prefer free apps because I can see what I'm getting. The only way I would pay for an app is if I think the free version is worthwhile and I want to upgrade to get more features.

I don't like that you can't see what the app is like for the ones you have to purchase outright. I would be open to purchasing them if I knew they were worthwhile and worth the money, but I have no way to tell.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never paid for an app myself. For starters, I am not that bothered about apps really. Secondly, there are plenty of freebies about which do the tasks that I want them to. I could see myself maybe paying for additional content if I found a game I really enjoyed, but apart from that, I just don't see the need.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I regularly download apps but not as often as I used to. I don't regularly buy apps though. I don't have money to do that. Haha. I'm a free app seeking person. As much as possible, I don't want to purchase an app. There were instances when I needed to purchase apps but those instances were extremely rare. There are a lot of free apps out there. You just have to know how to filter the good from the bad.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, obviously most people are going to prefer free apps because they don't cost anything. There are plenty of incredible premium apps out there, though. I have no problems buying apps because it supports the developers and pushes them to build a better product. It's as simple as that, and it's not like mobile apps are that expensive.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never paid for an app. It's not that I consider buying to be a fruitless undertaking, but I prefer to have my apps free. I don't need much, anyway, so I'm just content with Candy Crush, Music Player, Viber, YahooMail, Gmail, YouTube and the like. I stick to the basics. Accoutrements tend to bother me. Many free apps are just as useful.

8. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever buy apps, there are plenty of free alternatives out there which do an excellent job. The only exception I can think of would be games, I have bought several high quality games which don't have any ads or microtransactions.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer free apps of course just like most people. I can't remember if i ever spend money on apps before i highly doubt it. All the stuff i have on my phones are for free which is amazing because they're all very great apps. :)

10. TalTBest

TalTBestNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't found yet the app that I would like to pay for. I'll never download a cracked app for free, because it's wrong, and I'm sure that whenever I will find a useful app that costs money, I will buy it.

11. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    A few years back, if I found a free game that I really enjoyed and wanted to play more of, I would pay the $1-2 for the full version. I don't have time for games anymore so I don't buy those, and I don't really need anything else that we have to pay for. I usually refuse to pay for apps even if they seem like they might be cool or useful...there's usually a free alternative.

12. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I get them for free through GPT apps that offer me Google Play cards. I just love doing offers instead of spending my own money, haha. I'm a cheap *** by default, but hey... I could use that money at McDonald's or something, haha.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also someone who prefers to use applications that are free. I hate paying for anything really, unless I consider it worth the money that I am paying. Most of the applications today, I don't consider to be worth the money that they want you to spend. Not to mention that a lot of the time, if you just pay for an application, it doesn't always perform the way that it was supposed to, and then you are stuck trying to get your money back.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a mobile game addict although I admit that I play games on my phone when I have to kill time. From what I remember, I only bought one app in my life and that is Walt Disney's Where's My Water. It's an animated game where the crocodile is going to take a bath so it is needing water. After playing with it for several times, I got tired and had it removed from my phone.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me though, I also feel like downloading free applications or games, and then purchasing in-game purchases is also an application purchase. I have never done that either. I just cannot bring myself to spend real money on in-game purchases.

16. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see the point to buying apps that I will rarely use, as I don't see the need to keep installed free apps with excess popups or advertising.

I like free apps, like to test them, but very few of them are kept.

This weekend I had a very bad experience with a free Hello Kitty app that I truly loved, totally free and no ads, but today it asked to be updated, I said "yes" and rather than be updated, now the game seems downgraded; very poor quality graphics but... ah!... now it has loads of ads everywhere. Lame!

17. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    Most apps I use are free,they're cool too ! If the app is extremely awesome,I think I'll consider a purchase .

18. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I always use free apps as well. Never in my whole life have I bought a single app because I can find other alternatives to paid apps that are free on the Appstore. I'm changing to Android very soon as well which will further increase the amount of apps that are available to me considering that Android has a very large ecosystem in place already.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I also have never paid for an app, because I would always search for the free ones available so that I can just save the money. Why pay when you can have them for free, right?

20. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm mostly like you, I only download the free apps or log onto my friends iTunes that a group of us share to get free paid apps. Other then that, the only free apps that I really buy are just photo editing apps because I really like taking pictures and editing them on the go so professional apps are a must for me. Before I buy any app I make sure that the reviews are good and there are no major complaints. The downside is that if the app developers make a horrendous app update and I happened to download it, then I'm kinda out of luck :/. But mostly just photo editing apps.