Do you regularly clean out your desktop?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by rossonomous • Apr 8, 2014.

1. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Hi, as for me, I hardly clean-up my desktop. In fact, I think I've had my desktop PC working for years now without doing any cleaning of the inside. This is however not a good practice, because it can lead to situations where your PC just begins to shutdown on its own accord. I've been lucky on this one though.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never used to do this but admittedly it was mostly because I didn't know I had to for some reason. Looking back now it does seem obvious but back then I up guess u just did to care as much. Now I don't have a desktop anymore but I have been considering getting one again and this time I'll definitely have it cleaned regularly because the last time I took the old one out for repair it was the advice given to me and I think that practice would end up saving me a lot of money in repairs in the future.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband is the most frequent user of our home computer. In fact, that is his according to usage so he should be taking care of it. Sometimes I see some white shade on the black casing, huh, that is dust. I would immediately tell my husband to clean the computer before the dust causes something critical. But most of the time, my husband would forget to clean so I have to tell him time and again.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I clean my computer once every three or so months. Previously I used to it more often but had to stop when cleaning at one time [don't know exactly what happened] the computer's video card started acting up. It took me quite some time to fix the problem and from then on the cleanings became less frequent.