Do You Repair Your Electronic Gadgets?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by ptahm22 • Jan 4, 2017.

1. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    When I used to live with my parents I always repaired the electronic gadgets or even the connections of electricity within The House. This used to save them alot of money. I still do the same in my house and it saves me alot.
    Does anyone do this at their homes?

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I am not from technical background from childhood I have been curious to know how the things work around. Whenever there is any minor technical issues like bursting of electric fuse, fitting ceiling fans or replacing bulbs etc I usually take care of the same. Yes, as you said it would have costed me a lot if I had called a electrician for these works.

A few months back my laptop was heating up continuously and with the help of YouTube videos I opened it and cleaned the clogged fans which remedied the issue. I even lubricated the fans with machine oil and it working perfect now. With the help of Internet we can take care of many things around and thereby save a lot of money and time.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I am not good at fixing anything especially electronics. The one that takes care of that is my husband as he has experience with that since he used to work with a technician. I could probably learn to fix them up online but I am still to scared to ruin anything. Perhaps if I lived alone I would have tried it but since I have him well I won't take any chances.

4. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. I do try to resolve small issues, not the complex ones, though. Though I am not an electric engineer by profession, it feels good to get your household items repaired all by yourself. And there is google and youtube to help you out as well, so why not try before calling in an expert to resolve the issue. It not only helps you save money but you can also learn something new. I have repaired my PC and laptop on numerous occasions and it feels great.

5. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    Always. I'm pretty good at fixing or repairing electrics, and outside the standard PC repairs and upgrades I've done things like upgrading tablets or repairing the hoover. I tend to draw the line at soldering because my hand isn't steady enough anymore. I did used to upgrade the household electrics, but the new laws mean you aren't allowed to do that unless you are a lienced electrician.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Never!
    Mine is limited to fixing the fuse wire which often goes out due to high voltage surge. Grossly, I do not have a knack of doing these kind of repair works and situation never demanded me to do them either. I keep the number of technicians handy who takes care of all these needs.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I sometimes repair our electronic gadgets especially if it only has a mild defect. I repaired my smartphones a few times before when it had a software problem. I just researched the problem online and find tutorials on how to fix it and just followed the step-by-step procedure and it's done. It's working fine right after and I feel glad about it since I did it by myself, not to mention I've save a lot of money from having it repaired by a technician :)

8. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    We usually fix our own electronics if we can, we even run our own electric is certain parts of out home before and other things within the house. We tend to try and repair our appliances as well, my husband has became an expert on fixing the washing machine and taking it apart lol. We find it pretty simple but sometimes we do run into a snag when fixing actual gadgets.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to tinker with broken electronic gadgets but I have to admit that I have a low aptitude in that line. So when something breaks down, I always come to terms that a trained technician should do the repair. Even the electric fan is not easy to repair. So instead of experimenting on a broken electronic item, I just save my effort and pay a technician.

10. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    All those within my know-how, yes, I do them. Infact I love to do such fixing! From iron box to electric switches to coolers I try them all. I feel it really saves time and money. When I fail that is when I seek professional help.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lucky people who can fix things around the home! I can use scotch tape or masking tape or duct tape and that's it. I got a friend who is helping me right now fixing my laptop. I was lucky he can fix my computer for my cousin told me get a new computer. All who can fix things in their homes and help others are very lucky indeed for not only do they save money they are lifesavers to me for they help others too by fixing things for them.