Do You Reuse Containers?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by remnant • Aug 20, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    bag3.JPG My wife is an expert on reuse of containers and whatever can be used for growing plants. She has converted a corner of our rooftop into a mini garden. Let me see if I can upload one of the images of her efforts.

2. elitesquatter

elitesquatterNew Member

Threads:
    Definitely. It just saves you a lot of money and space. I can even turn it into a DIY piece to brighten the room up. Sometimes, the container just looks pretty or premium that I just feel the need to keep it.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The one shown here is in the most rear corner of the roof but the ones she has decorated are in front side of the roof in better looking containers and some of them even decorated properly. She has stopped working on more for the time being due to our forthcoming program of shifting to Australia temporarily in coming month. I think she will leave her containers in care of one of her neighbor's place.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I have been doing for awhile is putting grease that is left over from cooking meats- in jars that have been left over from pasta sauce or other jars as well from the grocery store,and then usually putting it in the freezer to harden up(until garbage day)or just throwing it out with the regular trash. You should never pour grease down the drain though,because it will clog your drain up.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    If I purchase something which comes in a plastic container then I will reuse it to putting stationary items, for growing plants or majority of the containers my mom uses to store something for her.

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to reuse containers very frequently as well as even it from them from time to time if I am low on plates. Most of them are very durable and unless you are literally trying to crack them, it most likely won't receive any harsh damage. I really don't see a point in throwing them away,they can help you carry food, items and even store food. They help you save good money.

7. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I always reuse containers. I just clean them up and they will serve their purpose when that time is needed. I even reuse tin cans. I used them either as small pots for my garden. Those cans can also be a makeshift sprinkler. I use them all. branded or not, they have a purpose in our household.

8. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    If the containers are of good quality, then I save them for reusing - mostly to store stuff in them. But if they are of not really good quality I just give them to the lady who comes to collect our trash to use them if she likes or to give them to recycling centres where she can get a few bucks from them. I mean to do some DIY stuff using containers but haven't got around to it for lack of ideas!

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank all containers of any material fetch good money from the recycling units so why just throw them away. We always keep all our unused stuff in a store room and sell the to junk collectors along with old newspapers. Everything is properly recycled in India so it brings a good amount after every 2-3 months when we sell our unused stuff.