Do You Save Money By Shopping In Second Had Stores?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Soulwatcher • Jan 15, 2018.

1. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    Where I live there are a lot of well of people and they buy a ton of clothes and never wear them and they pile up in their house until they take them to the second-hand store. The store has a ton of clothes with the tags still on them, my friend got a new $300 suit with the price tags on it for $15. Do you save money by shopping at second-hand stores?

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I save money by buying clothing brands known to be durable. Most of my highschool clothes are Fubu and they still fit with me in my 30's. It may sound expensive that I buy branded clothing with good reputation but it saves me more money to buy something durable.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am not ashamed to say that I do buy clothes and sometimes shoes from second-hand stores, I do save a lot of money buying branded clothes that are cheaper than low-quality clothes that are sold here in my country.
    We buy new clothes for our kids only!

4. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I prefer to buy clothes in scond hand stores. The reason is that the stores provide quality clothes at a cheap price. If the cloth itself is still in good conditions, then I do not see any reason why individuals should shy away from purchasing it.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I love browsing second hand stores for clothes and I have found some items with the tickets still on where they have never been worn. I guess people buy them and then for some reason decide they don't like them .. I must admit I've done that myself.

If I get something for a fraction of the price it was worth originally I always value it more. Some of my favourite clothes have come from second hand stores. I can remember a time when I was so hard up that it was all I could afford to do but now I do it because I enjoy hunting for a bargain.

6. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine there are still price tags on the clothes in second-hand shops. I don't remember buying anything at second hand shops, and I actually seldom shop there, but I have got many hand-me-downs especially clothes for kids from my neighbors or friends. Some clothes or shoes are still in very good condition as they were worn very few times only, especially girl's dresses, hence I don't really need to buy any clothes for my kids now, except one or two for Chinese New Year as a tradition.

7. mayzhu

mayzhuNew Member

Threads:
    i run business online, if you dont ask for brand,i can help deliver from china. or help you purchase from china.

8. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I usually don't shop as second hand stores but saving a bit of extra money here and there never hurts. Chances are if you save up, you might get a lot more than you bargain for at the store, in a good way. You'll be able to buy a bundle at the store and possibly still have a bit of money left over.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of second hand stores here particularly those selling used clothes. They are called "ukay-ukay" and very popular with the poor people. However, my wife's sister and her husband are so fond of that ukay-ukay that they buy clothes for themselves because of the cheap price. A shirt costing 300 is sold for 20 to 30 only, that's in Philippine pesos. That means just 10% or slightly higher and the shirt looks like new, not worn out, no damage. But to be honest, I couldn't come to terms in wearing used clothes.

10. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have always shopped for clothes from second hand stores. I always get good quality clothes for affordable prices. I only get myself few pairs. I currently have less than 12 pairs of clothes which clearly shows I never let clothes to pile in the house. I can also save and get one durable pair. I never shop frequently but I do when my sister wants some of my clothes. She helps me a lot since I get tired with my clothes so first like in less than 6 months and I am already wanting to wear something different. :)

11. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always enjoy shopping at our local thrift stores, and it is amazing what great bargains you can find there if you consistently shop and look for bargains.
    Sometimes you can find designer purses, or clothing, and sell them for a profit on websites such as Ebay. I remember finding the prettiest little purse that was only a couple of dollars at the second hand store, and I sold it for over $20 on ebay. So, even when it is something that you do not need personally, it is a great place to find bargains and sell them and make a little bit of extra pocket money.

12. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I love looking around second hand shops. You are sure to find some great bargain, especially in vintage items. The only item I would not buy second hand are shoes. I just feel these are a bit more personal. You can't wash shoes but you can scrub clothes till they are sparkling clean.:)

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Today I found that Don Quiote has $4 t-shirts that are very good quality and pretty that's in my size. Just brand new t-shirts for only $4! Don Quiote is a grocery store. I too shop in thrift shops especially when they got sails. Savers has a card you can get and sign up for their email alerts, which I did. I got a nice denim jacket for only $4.85! Love it! I got my denim jacket on sale 40% off at Savers after they notified me of the sale.

14. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I am the type of person that does not care about the brand of an item or clothing as long as it is in good shape and quality. I frequently shop at second hand stores right now, and I must say that I saved a lot of money rather than shopping in regular malls.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    As long as the clothes are in good condition and of good quality, why not? I do take such opportunity and save myself a big amount of money by getting good deals for a cut price. Mostly, I'm more of a shoe personality, I don't hold back anytime I see any opportunities that I would capitalize on buying good quality shoe at cheaper price. I have already gotten two pairs this new for a very good price at a second hand stores selling in my neighborhood.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes of course. I also shop at 2nd hand stores, but I rarely get to see an item that's still brand new and has the tag on. Most just look good as new and moderately worn out.

17. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    If the commodity or product is of a good quality, I don't see any reason why one wouldn't take advantage of such offer and get good discount on something he or she would have paid more for by going to purchase it from shopping malls or flea market. I have purchased few commodity off second hand selling stores they serve me perfectly well. My current cooking utensils were purchased in second hand selling street stores and they are still in good condition.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    My wife is fond of shopping to a second hand store especially during Saturday which is our market day.

There are ambulant vendors who sell used clothes, bags, bed spread, jackets, pants, hats, and everything. Those items are very cheap. With a cash on hand, my wife goes home with a bulky of used items of good quality. She knows what to select or to buy as best. She has saved a lot of money rather buying them from a mall or supermart.

19. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I used to frequent second hard stores several years ago and I've always managed to find new clothes. Besides the regular low prices on such stores, the prices can even go lower during clearance sales when they have to dispose of their existing stocks to give way to new deliveries. I was able to buy a brand new blazer for only $.20. One just needs to be patient when shopping at thrift stores because the clothes are usually unorganized. I have friends who turn to thrift stores to find costumes for their children during various school events. I think it's a smart thing to do if you only need to wear something once.

20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I do visit the second hand shop and buy second hand items. I will be purchasing the second hand items as long as the items have no sign or less signs of wear and tear and the item cost half of the original price. Usually, I buy second hand furniture. With little repairs and repainting, the second hand furnitures are as good as new.