Do you save more money getting the item on TV, in the As seen on TV retail stores, or a general reta

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by bonniea • Sep 27, 2013.

1. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    There are a number of different outlets for As seen on TV products. The infomercials, their retail outlets, and then general retail outlets. Which is the best deal. When they run the infomercials they generally throw in a second product, but you must add shipping to it. When it goes to the retailer's, is the price higher or lower. What experiences have you had?

2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Contrary to ads I get more savings if I buy the item from a general retailer. If I buy an As Seen on TV item at Walmart chances are its been around a while. This means the initial hype around the product has long since faded and the price would most likely have been marked down. Sometimes Walmart also partners it with some other obscure item or you can pair it with a coupon.

3. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like to buy items seen on infomercials just after I have seen them on the television. I like to get them when they are available on online stores like Amazon, HSN, etc. The price would have gone down significantly by then, and I can look on reviews from customers who have bought the item before, like on Amazon, for example, and determine if it's worth me spending my money on that item, or if I should choose another.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I think I tend to get the best deals online....amazon especially has a good amount and with prime free shipping it's a good pick most of the time.

5. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great question. I myself have pondered that one. What I have found so far is that if you wait a while it is cheaper than buying on t.v. Because you can find them in stores or the As Seen On Tv Outlet stores and not have to pay shipping. However sometimes I found it is cheaper even with paying the shipping for it to get in on tv because of the freebies they throw in, it depended on the actual items. Some where not cheaper and some are.