Do You Search For Coupons

Discussion in Online Shopping started by beasleym1989 • Mar 3, 2016.

1. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    I am just curious to see how many people actively search for coupons before placing an order online. If I am buying from Victoria's Secret or a department store, I always do a Google search for coupons before I order. I've ended up with free shipping or a percentage off so many times because of it. I could kick myself when I forget to do it.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Often I do yes. I was just going to buy a tracfone card and I looked to see what promo codes were available. I don't actually buy online that often though, and when I do, it is usually from Amazon and there are not that many codes for Amazon. unless you are buying specific items. Amazon does have other ways to save though.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many stores on Oahu don't take printed coupons, so no I don't search for coupons. I found out that ebates.com, if you're lucky enough to buy the things they have for you with money back shopping, a free site too, is good to save money. I made only .14 though. I go directly to safeway.com because I've got a Safeway card, so you can get their in store coupons and more. I depend on sites like DontPayFull.com too or amazon.com that has good deals, though they recently upped their free shipping rates from $35 to $49.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I always check if there's any coupons before I order anything. I'd rather save whatever money I can. I hate to pay full for things when there are deals out there to be had. I always look for coupons for free shipping if I'm shopping online or a percentage or amount off of whatever I'm buying. Many times there's nothing available but the times there is makes it worthwhile to me to check anyway.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know coupons are quite popular in the US, but here in my country, they're not really popular, although they are included in newspapers, but the discounts aren't that huge. So needless to say, I just go ahead and buy the item that I like without coupons.

6. coder

coderNew Member

Threads:
    I always search for the coupon codes before buying any product so as to get the maximum discount.

7. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    So here is my big secret when it comes to coupons, I searched so immensely that it takes me hours to find the simplest things. The way I go about it is if I'm looking for food coupons for a particular meal I'll go through the process of making out all of my meals for the month I try to do major shopping one time a month and then the middle of the month that you know little small things shopping so then I have a good clear idea what I'm actually searching for when I'm looking for coupons that particular store. I'd like to go to maybe 3 to 4 stores when I'm doing my major shopping so I try to keep it within the demographic of finding the manufacturer's coupons or the store discount that I can take advantage of for the meal for the entire month. I don't think it's a smart idea to try to collect like it 50 million coupons from a bunch of different coupon places for items that you know that you're not going to use I understand having a stockpile but if you're going to have a stockpile of items missing really don't need it then it's always good to give to your local church or a homeless shelter. But I tend to keep my searches a little more focused because I'd like to make sure that my family is covered and any additional items that I have instead of just stockpiling all of it I'll donate some of them it's care packages to homeless shelters.

8. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do it a lot. Nowadays, I just wait for the right kind of sale to buy things and during sales other coupons generally don't apply.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't purchase much online other than domain names or electronic parts. I do look for coupons when I want to purchase a new domain name.

10. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I'm shopping a major retailer online, I do tend to look for coupons, particularly ones for free shipping. I am a member of Ebates, and always use that, as well. I belong to BeFrugal and MrRebates, and sometimes the BeFrugal extension will kick in and tell me the site is offering various discounts. I don't believe I've used MrRebates yet, although I am a member. I get emails from them about deals, but since my budget's tight, I tend to mainly shop for necessities these days, rather than impulse shop, and many of the items I buy don't have coupons.

11. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. Major retailers are the ones whose coupons are trustworthy anyways. I had a friend who once bought like a "cheap" iPhone from a website. Needless to say, the thing arrived from China with "Aple" on the box and no logo on the obviously fake phone. I was surprised they even sent something.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to but nowadays I only ever shop at one or two local online stores and they usually have their promos and coupons and promos advertised right at the front page as well as having floating banners on all others as you browse so I don't feel like I need to seek it out as much anymore. Also back then they were less efficient with the coupons so I had to seek it out but nowadays they have been operational for many years already so they have a good formula down that will let customers know when they have discounts or sales. Also I have been shopping with them for a long time already so I am already signed up for news letters and I follow them on social media so I get alerts left and right.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most stores will advertise their own coupons or email them to subscribers so they know they will work. I do search for some, but if it doesn't work I don't cry about it, I just see it as a bonus.

What people don't realize is in the small print the store can revoke the coupon without notice and not honor it if they deem it's been fraudulently used, so coupons will always be hit and miss.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really been into that sort of thing, if I'm being totally honest! I guess that's why I never ever knew you could do a search of discount coupons online. It certainly sounds interesting, especially from the online shopping stand point. So thanks for putting the idea in my head, I'll definitely be trying it out the next time I shop online. I may very well save a few pennies :)

15. TungstenCube

TungstenCubeNew Member

Threads:
    I use DontPayFull, but not ahead of time of shopping. If i find myself in the shop and am about to buy a pair of jeans, I'll take a look on DontPayFull to see if I can find any sort of coupon. Typically, Macy's and Kohls is pretty good about having available coupons to use, but I don't choose my stores based on where I can find coupons.

16. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Promo codes are great. I have saved a lot of money with those. It helps to have a little more knocked off the price or free shipping. I always check for these.

17. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say I really look for coupons, at least not on purpose and not for everyday groceries. Sure, I browse the newspapers and if I find something I like I'll use it. However, I really only search if I'm going to buy something that I don't always buy. For example, I love Biore face cleansers, but they can be up to eight or ten dollars so when it comes to those, I do browse the teen magazines for coupons so I can buy the product for five bucks.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's relatively easy these days to search for coupons and promo codes. All you need is to visit the sites where you'll find them [all the work has been done for you] or use browser extensions which will make it a lot easier to find the coupons you are looking for.

If you use Chrome try Coupons at Check Out.
    For Firefox users CouponMate is a great extension.

19. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is it me, or does Amazon not have the options to use coupons? I could be asking a really silly question there. Whenever I go to sites that I am unfamiliar with and I don't like the look of some of the prices, I type the name of the site in with the word discount codes into google, and that will usually bring codes up.

20. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I usually shop from the same few places online and am pretty well acquainted with the sales and deals or lack thereof. Whenever I consider another site I do make a point to check for coupons, one I see a lot is lower free shipping thresholds.