Do You Sell Clothes Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Rosyrain • Sep 2, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I sometimes sell some of our old clothes online that are still in really good condition. It can be rather difficult to get sales on eBay because the customers are looking for things that are practically free. Have you had success selling clothes online?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ebay isn't the best place to sell used clothes. I suppose you'd want to sell the clothes because you want to replace them I'd suggest trying one of those sites where you can either sell clothes or swap . . .

At the very least you wouldn't be losing anything because you get replacements for the clothes you give away.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't sold old clothes yet online but my high school chum have been doing that for years already. She actually would ask around from relatives and friends for old clothes for disposal. Clearly, she is selling not only her own old clothes but the old clothes of other people. And when sold, she would divide the proceeds between her and the owner of the old clothes. Fair enough.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    That is actually a really good idea. The clothes are not selling on eBay and I only have 3 days left until the auction ends. I might try to list them on Listia so that I can earn points to get something I really want.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing that truly sells well online are shoes and shirts. You can also find a good niche in accessories such as shoelaces. Though, sometimes little stuff can sell well online for me.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Well I can tell you all that pants do not sell good online unless they are a designer label of some sort. I just lowered the prices of the pants I am selling online in an effort to just get rid of them and turn a very small profit at this point. It seems like more of a waste of time than anything. Perhaps I will take them to a consignment shop and see if I have luck there.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't bother unless they are brand new with tags, unless it is a designer (I mean high end like Chanel) because there is so much competition. I have bough things new from a charity shop with the intent to sell them online, but it's hard work these days and the web is flooded with items. You have to be lucky that someone is looking for an item, but profits are slim.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to make quite a good profit from trawling charity shops and car boot sales, looking for clothes to sell on eBay. The market is completely saturated these days and eBay's ever-increasing fees and rules mean that there's little profit to be made. These days, any high-end items go to a local dress agency and the rest gets taken to the clothing weigh-in.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just give my old clothes to the second hand store. There are consignment stores that you can sell your items at that maybe able to get better prices than on ebay. I have been into several consignment stores that have a good mark up on their items.

10. elvisish

elvisishNew Member

Threads:
    I have sold old clothes I don't want anymore, if they are particuarly interesting or newish. Other than that, I tend to take them to the charity shop, I figure I've got my wear out of them so someone else can enjoy them! :)

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have bought clothes on there already. Clothes don't sell as fast as electronics, so you really need to be patient when listing your items online.