Do you sell old games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mistymi • Mar 30, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I've always kept my old games and systems, thinking I would use them again some day but I end up forgetting about them. I used to get kind of attached to my consoles too, like N64 and Gamecube, but it probably would've been best to sell them. Do you sell your games and put them towards new ones? Are you going to sell your last gen systems/games?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I've still got almost all of mine. I have considered selling them in the past, but the prices offered were just far too low, and that fact that I do play them on occasion means that it just wasn't worth it. They may drastically appreciate in value on day anyway so even if I do end up selling then, it will be better that I do it then rather than now.

3. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Gamestop really doesn't give much money for used games unless they are very new, and even then, you are luck to get a third of the $60+ value that you bought the game for. No, I usually sell my used games via my own social network.

Hopefully, Wal-Mart is going to offer higher rates once they start buying back used games.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I rarely sell old games because I get mostly digital content, and even then, I always get them through promos so I don't really sacrifice much enough to necessitate selling. As for my older consoles and games, they all pretty much just got lost as I moved houses, so I never got to sell them, nor would I want to even if I still had it since I'd much prefer to just have it available to me if it were still around. The closest thing to selling that I do is that I sometimes trade disc games with my friends, but again, I rarely do it since I don't have that many games in disc form.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have only kept one console and that is my Amstrad CPC464 and I would NEVER sell it, it is set up in a corner of my office and I still play it today, in fact my nephews come round and catch me playing it and they make weird faces as they look at the graphics on it, well it was cutting edge for 1984!

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I'm not using it anymore, then obviously I will but I already sold most of my games that I didn't want to the pawn shop recently and I sold my system on Amazon. I only have computer games really now and they're almost impossible to sell.

7. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I ended up keeping my old games for the N64, Gamecube, etc. To me, the one time I pull out the old system a year is worth more than the pennies I make selling the game.( literally, was offered 35 cents for one of my games)

I also never found selling games on ebay or other online sites to be worth it either. Just too much hassle for really no profit in return. When do pull out the old games, I always have a blast playing them. So for me, they were worth holding on to.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Some of them I do, most of them I don't, I just keep them in my shelf. The not so good games I end up selling on eBay or trading them in at local game shops but for the games that I loved and enjoyed, I just keep them safely tucked in my vault of good games. I'm looking forward to selling those good games when the time comes.

9. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Not only do I keep my old games but I'm constantly buying more since I'm a retro collector of sorts. In the flea markets, if I go often, I can find inexpensive Nintendo games from older generation consoles like the NES or SNES. Some of these games are worth a pretty penny if sold but I'm only parting with them if they're duplicates.

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have sold my old games on eBay a few years ago. I was surprised people were actually interested in the games I had available for sell. I couldn't resell the game systems because they were broken. Although the game system worked, it was only a matter of time before they stop working altogether.

11. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I keep all my old games, dating back to childhood. Nowadays I do buy most of my games online though just to save space..

12. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Lately, I rarely sell any games, because I don't buy a ton of games in the first place. For some classic game series, like Zelda or Mario, the games hold value really well. Those are the kinds of games I hold onto.

I sell current generation games to Gamestop, since it's the easiest thing to do.

13. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I did when I was younger, when I thought it was the better way. I mean, I wasn't going to play these games again any time soon, so why would I not sell them back to the shop for a little off the latest game that I wanted?

Then I realised it really wasn't worth it. You'd get a pound, maybe two back for your game that originally cost you £30/40, so you would have to sell a lot back to the store for one game in return. Meanwhile, your older self would be cursing you out for ever selling those games that you really want to play now that you're older, but are rare and now cost you twice the original asking price.

And you sold it all for a tiny discount off of a crappy game that you can't even remember now.

14. ajally123

ajally123New Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK we used to have a shop called Game Station which would price match some other stores sell value when you went to them with proof. Unfortunately they went under and don't exist any more but they were a good source of decent selling income in terms of value for money. That was quite a while ago but now I feel like keeping my games as they have a good nostalgia towards them and also there will be times when you want to play them again. Hopefully in the future they might even be worth quite a bit depending on how the industry adapts.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had a gaming console, and the only gaming device that I had was a Game Boy Color. I don't think it works properly anymore because the screen looks odd. I think it just naturally became dilapidated through being stuck inside the cabinet for more than a decade already. I also have some Game Boy tapes over here and I would gladly sell them if someone would take interest.

16. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    The thing was, they'd only ever price match the trade in value of any store, rather than what the game is selling for elsewhere if you understand me? It is still a shame that they went under as they'd often have older systems and games that no one else had.

17. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I have never really sold any of my old game consoles. What usually happens is they even die out on me or I just pack them up in the closet. If neither of the 2 Take Place. Then I will end up giving it to somebody younger than me who needs entertainment. I don't think I've ever really been a serious gamer and so after a while my console pretty much stopped getting the attention it used. And then from there it's pretty much downhill in the console collects dust. I stop buying games for and essentially I find other ways of entertaining myself. So the best thing for me to do is really give them away to people who are more committed to the job.

18. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    When I buy new games for the PS3, I tend to just buy it out of curiosity. I don't buy a game because I've read a review or what not. Therefore, when I finish the game or get tired of the game, I tend to sell it. It's good because not only does it somehow returns your money, but it also gives you the chance to play plenty of games almost for free! :)