Do you sell the clothes you don't wear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Mar 5, 2014.

1. BlacKnight1090

BlacKnight1090Member

Threads:
    Not once have I even considered selling my clothes. You'd think with the budget I'm on that I would get money any way possible, but no, it's not my thing. Never liked selling a thing to be honest. I've always given my clothes to Salvation Army. There's no excuses from me because it's not so far from my house. Anytime I buy new clothes, I go back into my old clothes that I have no intention of wearing again. As a kid my mother got me into that. I'd outgrow my clothes so she'd go through my clothes with me and ask if I can fit them anymore or if I want to keep certain ones.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't done this just yet, but it's not a bad idea at all! I think we all have loads of clothing in our closets that we don't wear, so nothing like cleaning the closet and making some money with it. What isn't good for me is maybe good for someone else. ;)

3. kindredsoul

kindredsoulNew Member

Threads:
    I never sell my clothes because I wear them for years and by the time I get rid of them they are very old. I usually put my clothes on the outside of the Goodwill bins because I want the homeless people to get a chance to look at them in case they want them. I do know that there are resale shops that cater to people who want to sell designer clothes. I like funky clothes so many of the clothes I find are at thrift stores. The problem with selling things online is that you have to have the time to send the items and you have to keep checking to see if someone wants what you have to sell. It is very time consuming.

4. mrjohny

mrjohnyNew Member

Threads:
    I never sell it, most time just I give it away.
    When the cloth is very wasted I have to throw away.

5. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I usually donate my clothes to the local thrift store or goodwill but if it's an item that I wore once for a special occasion or still has the tags on it like a lot of my clothes, I definitely will try to sell it on ebay.com. I always feel better giving my clothes to the less fortunate but selling unused clothes on ebay is a really great way to earn some extra cash when needed.

6. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    The problem with selling my old clothes is that no one shares the same taste or size in my choice of clothing So I often give my clothes away to people who just need clothes. I am no where near fashion-oriented so it's safer to Same goes with buying clothes. I often go to consignment stores or I find really good discounts at Old Navy or Penny's. Sometimes those stores are more affordable than consignment stores.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's actually what I intend to do, I plan to sell my unused clothes that was given to me but I didn't like. I just don't know which site I will use to sell it. Probably Ebay.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I would never think to sell my old clothes. When I was a kid, I knew a woman that worked with families in need and started giving my clothes to her. She would always come back to tell me how excited they were whenever I gave away more clothes and they always knew who the clothes were from because they were still new looking and never looked or felt like hand me downs. It made them feel better about wearing them, so I would never shortchange someone in need for a buck.

9. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have never sold any old clothes. My mom used to do it when I was a kid, but I remember never liking what she did. I prefer to give it to someone who is in need of it rather than selling it for some consideration that isn't even worth it. One should always remember that some people aren't as lucky as we are.

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't sell them. I just give them away. I don't think my clothes that I give away deserve to be paid for. And even if they are to whom will I sell them. I am that resourceful to go out and look for and chase potential buyers of the clothes I no longer want to wear. When I have clothes I no longer want to wear, I stash them in my closet until someone asks me if I still use those clothes that they find they could harbor. Then I give it to them. Although it would be a nice way to profit on your used clothes, it's not my thing.

11. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I do not sell my old clothes. I normally just give them away to people who need them. There is no sense in throwing them away when there are people all over the world who could use them. I try to donate my clothes to the Salvation Army for the families in need of clothing.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. It's because I know that I will not get good deals for them. Anyway, I prefr giving away the clothes that I do not wear anymore. I give them to my neighbors or just donate them to charity. :)

13. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have really tried to sell on ebay, but nothing clothing wise has ever sold. I got really frustrated as I spend hours taking pictures, measuring and making really detailed descriptions so people know exactly what they are getting, but I hardly got any views, and no bids at all. I gave up and just took the whole lot to goodwill and got myself a really nice receipt for it. At least it will help me a little on my taxes, that's more than I got from all my efforts trying to sell them.

14. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried to sell clothes that I do not wear anymore. Selling used clothes is popular here, but I do not do it. The reason is because I tend to use clothes that I am not wearing anymore for the fabric. I mostly don't wear certain clothes anymore because I can't fit them, but the fabric is in great condition. It helps to cut down on my fabric costs, which is important to me.