Do You Send Flowers As A Hostess Gift (or Host)?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Zyni • Dec 11, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you ever send flowers as a hostess gift? I usually ask what I bring along, if I'm having the main meal for a holiday or special occasion at another person's home. I still like to bring a bit of a gift though. Flowers tend to be a bit on the pricey side, but I have seen some good deals from time to time. wine is another good host gift, if you know what they like and can find a decent bottle at a reasonable price.

Do you send flowers or do you prefer other types of hostess gifts?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on how well you know them, but flowers are a good neutral gift and you don't have to buy expensive ones, just a bunch as a gesture. Some people don't drink, others are gluten free, so it can be hard to buy things. You have to be careful with drink, for religious reasons, or maybe they are a recovering alcoholic. People might have hayfever so flowers may not be ideal for some people either.

I usually stick to a box of chocolates that can be used for guests, because people can take them to work, or use them at a dinner party, so they can always be used.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    There are two situations in which I carry with me a hostess gift; when attending a very formal dinner, or when attending a very familiar one.

For a formal dinner, rather than sending flowers I may have a bouquet of flowers or a bottle of fine wine, depends if female or male is the host.

For informal dinners, I may take something to round the menu, usually a dessert or cake, unless I am specifically asked to take something in particular, and this may also happens from time to time when a friend organizes a "bring up" party.