Do You Send Gifts During Christmas

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Binu • Dec 24, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Do you send gifts to your friends and families during Christmas? How much do you normally spend on Christmas gifts? Do you receive gifts,especially from the people who received your gifts? What do you send as gifts?

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I do not send gifts during Christmas, but do send during other festivities. Not always I receive a return gift, but not keen on that either.
    The type of gifts vary from person to person, but they are mostly clothes or mementos. These days e-sites are just perfect to get the gifts delivered on the doorsteps as required.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have the money to send many gifts so when I can, I invite people over to eat which is a lot cheaper than giving individual gifts. They don't mind not receiving gifts from me and when they visit, they gift me things even though they don't have to because they know how I stand financially. At least I try.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always do, in fact I have number of friends in different cities whom I send online gifts but I visit my local friends on Christmas Eve and do the needful. In fact I am invited by all my friends but it is difficult to go to all so I tell them frankly about my plans in advance. You see they have to make special arrangements for me since I am a vegetarian. We always deliver the gift packs on 24th of December going personally to each of our friends.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gifts that I send thru a courier service. Some of my god children are in the province and it is costly for them to come to our house for the Christmas gift so I make an effort to send my gifts to them. Fortunately the fee of the courier is the same and has no add on. However, I should send the gifts earlier by a week to avoid the holiday rush.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, because I don't think it's necessary. But I still keep the tradition of my family, which is to send Christmas cards to all the relatives who live far from us. I think this attitude is much better than a physical present (not to mention the fact that it is much more practical and cheaper :p).

So, nobody is forgotten and everyone is satisfied with their presents. Problem solved. :cool:

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We only exchange gifts within the family not just because it's a tradition but also because it's fun and for me, it adds up in the magic of Christmas :) However, there are times that if we are a bit tight on the budget, we don't exchange gifts, or we don't give gifts but we still celebrate Christmas happily and can still feel the essence of it.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I do send gifts to some of the close ones. Family and some close nearby friends included. As you can see that these are the times to be mindful. And having good people around would be surely good enough in many ways. I can tell you that gifts sending during Christmas would be not easy part though for many among us.