Do You Shave Your Arms And Other Unwanted Hairy Areas?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by sidney • Mar 29, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a friend that was moderately hairy. So naturally, she had long hairs on her arms and legs. I also have hair on my arms and legs too, but they are fine and short as compared to hers. I just noticed that she shaves her arms when we were walking side by side, and whenever my arms would accidentally brush on hers, I feel something rough, so I'm sure it's stubble.

Now I know that shaving actually makes the hair strands thicker, and I noticed that when I pulled one hair on my leg the strand indeed grew thicker. So I'm wondering how many of you in here shaves their arms, legs, chest, etc? Do you notice that the hair becomes thicker the more you do it?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am single, which I currently am, I do not shave. I could, because I can get pretty sweaty when I work out.But other than that, I kind of cannot be bothered with all of the shaving, except for my nether regions lol. When I am in a relationship, I shave regularly.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you don't have hairy arms and legs, I think you really can afford to not shave. :) What I don't like about shaving is after you have shaved, the area is prickly! Sometimes it gets annoying and you have to not wear underwear afterwards because of the prickly sensation! :mad:

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    oh yes I shave all my hairy bits. During the winter I may not shave my legs and pits as much, though. But I seem to be seeing more and more girls with hairy legs, it's just weird! Not sure what that's about!

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Like most who shave I tend to not be so diligent in winter. In the summer, though, I shave everything that is exposed. Legs, armpits, arms. Sometimes even my jawline. And no. I do not noticed that the shaved hairs grow back any thicker or longer than before. I suppose they might on some people, but they don't on me.

6. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Bikini area - professional wax.
    Legs and Underarms -chemical remover at home
    forearms - I let them stay fuzzy

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ouch! That must hurt. Whenever I see men being waxed on tv, usually their chest hair, I can tell by their reactions that it's quite painful. I tried plucking a hair down there and it hurt like hell! :mad:

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The forearms shouldn't be shaved, but if they are dark and noticeable I can imagine a woman may want to, to look more feminine. I shave because it's more hygienic, I used to wax or use creams but sometimes to old fashioned razor is more accurate.

9. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    It is extremely painful briefly. Then it's just warm and feels pretty awesome once the endorphins kick in; Pretty much the same as getting a tattoo or a new piercing, you know? It's MUCH easier to let someone else do it than to try to do it myself. If they miss one (which is rare) and I pluck it, I agree, it hurts. The hardest thing to get past wasn't the waxing but the IDEA of stripping down and laying on the table to let someone do it.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not at the moment, it's too much of a bother. I'm planning to start once I get tattoos though, because.. well, you kind of have to, don't you?

11. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't bother doing my legs as much in the winter as they are rarely on display but I do keep my underarms and everywhere else fuzz free as I feel it is more hygienic. I don't think it's actually been proven that this is the case, it's probably just psychological, but it does make me feel cleaner.

12. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I am not the hairy type so I rarely shave.The only part that I shave is my armpits which doesn't happen too often. I can't even remember the last time I shave my armpits. I don't have much hair on the supposed to be hairy parts of the body and I am not complaining knowing what some women have gone through to get rid of those unwanted hairs.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that waxing can release endorphins. I think having it waxed is similar to having a baby born in the hospital, since you will get seen naked as well, but you will get over being conscious eventually, because if you don't, then you won't do it again, right?

#13Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  14. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose that's true. I've been having it done since I was a teenager. I STILL don't like it when it's someone new. And getting undressed is still the worst part of the process for me even at the usual place with the usual technician. It's like a gynecologist visit. I can chat with the doctor while they do the exam. I've even let a doctor in a general practice that I worked in remove my IUD for me, someone I saw everyday. But getting undressed and hopping on the table still feels weird.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think getting naked in front of a stranger or someone who isn't your family member or significant other is always accompanied by some anxiousness or uneasiness for normal people. The only ones who would not have any problem with it and are totally relaxed about it would be the nudists! :D

16. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't actually shave. I wax those unwanted hairs, but they aren't much. Only the hair of my lips that I shave because they don't actually look good on me. I use a hair conditioner as a lubricant for them.

17. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my, yes I have to shave all my hairy parts. I think its much more attractive if you do. Even more so in summer. I don't understand why women would want hairy arm pits, lol.

18. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I shave my underarms twice a week during shower. But I rarely shave my legs, I don't bother much with it, I just shave my legs when I am going out. And yes, I believe that when you shave, the hair would get thicker.