Do You Shop At Second Hand Stores?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sue • Jul 8, 2015.

1. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    Wow, I do not really like the thrift store clothing too much. I have seen a lot of stores pop up lately like Clothes Mentor and Platos Closet. I will be trying these out soon enough. I like the idea of saving on fashionable clothing.

2. broadwaybabyss

broadwaybabyssNew Member

Threads:
    I really love second hand stores, but I rarely find clothing that fits me. I'm loosing weight now and I hope to be able to fit into some of the really awesome finds in the near future. There is one specific store I can't wait to revisit as soon as I loose some more weight. it's called Bad Granny's and it's in Oklahoma City. They have a ton of really amazing outfits from the 50s, 60s, and 70s and I want all the clothes, but I have to fit in them first.

3. Erin Sagisi

Erin SagisiNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping at second hand stores. Stores including Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers, etc. The only piece of clothing I would buy at a thrift shop or second hand store are denim pants. What I love to do is cut them into shorts. It is always a bonus when I find great quality Levis. I would recommend to wash them a couple times before wearing them because you never know if the previous owner washed them. Overall, I love shopping at second hand stores/thrift stores because if I'm patient enough I can find great pieces and also very cheap which is always an amazing bonus.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped in thrift stores or second hand stores although that business is now an industry that is thriving here. The owner of one used clothing shop said that their products mostly come from Canada and US and some from Europe. They were items donated to charity that somehow find their way here. I wonder how. Since the clothing items are still good, the poor and lower middle class are patronizing such clothing stores.