Do You Shop Different Stores When Shopping For Holidays Such As Easter?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by thisnthat • Apr 12, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Do you tend to visit different stores when you're doing your holiday shopping as opposed to typical weekly/monthly shopping? Do you go to different grocery stores to get different foods or bulk or specialty foods? What about different types of stores for decorations, dinnerware, serving pieces, and gifts and stuff?

I tend to do most of my regular grocery shopping in a nearby supermarket, but for holidays, I often hit up some specialty shops. I might buy meat at the meat shoppe for example.

I also tend to look in other stores for treats and gifts. Sometimes, I just make the rounds. I also make sure to check out all the sale papers before heading out to shop.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally go for different stores for festival shopping besides our regular shops/stores because we have a long list of festivals which need different items apart from the regular ones. I try to buy them mostly from stores which deal in those particular items because they sell them at cheaper price than stores selling assorted items.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really go some place else to do shopping for specific holidays or festivals. I normally make the rounds of the different stores for regular or weekly shopping because each store offers something different from the rest. In addition, because of my work, I'm usually around the bigger shopping areas on a regular basis so I usually get to explore what they have to offer. The major spending seasons here are the Christmas holidays and school opening and we normally buy clothes, most school supplies, and accessories months ahead of the dates as they tend to be cheaper. Our celebrations had always been modest and we basically use the same utensils and accessories throughout the year. In fact, we've never had a Christmas tree in years.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always visit different stores because in special holidays the values usually diverge absurdly (the difference between the values come to be an insult to the customer's pocket... which is obviously something very bad).

The coolest thing is to see the stores swaying to offer the best prices to the customers. :)

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife has a mastery in this field. Not only for Easter but most for the Christmas season, I guess my wife was doing store hopping. Her reason is to look for good bargains aside from checking on new arrivals or new designs.I’m a lousy shopper and when I spot one item that suits my taste bud then I buy it immediately. But when I am with my wife, you can guess what she would do – not to buy at once for we still have some areas to cover, lots of stores in the mall huh. But in fairness to my wife, I have to admire her skills for getting bargains.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like your wife is quite good at it, @Alexandoy@Alexandoy. Bargain hunting does take time and effort. She sounds like someone I can relate to, ha ha.

Is she also out hitting the post holiday sales now? This is a good time to get bargains on Easter and other spring items for next year. I saw some baskets marked down to y70% off already.

I usually try to find at least a few things at these discounted prices. I especially like it if I can find non-theme items (less about Easter, more spring time like items) that I can use outside of the holiday season. I steered away from candy and other sweets, but I know some people who are stocking up on these at low prices as well. My friend noticed the Easter cookies and cupcakes were half off, so she grabbed some to use for packing lunches.