DO You Shop Express Clothes?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SophiaLazar • Oct 24, 2013.

1. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    What's up with this Store?
    It is in every mall, but i think that ten years ago the suits were of an amazing quality. The style on the over all look of the stores always changes from year to year, some years it;s this god awful bright blue or something, and I just go for the classic black and white items. However, there are certain slacks and whole suits that just don't impress me anymore. I'm kind of disappointed, because other stores like FCuk, are not everywhere, and the price of Express was always a little less, but the point is, it was that go to place for a meeting or client interview where I wanted that certain sharpness to impress and stand out.

Or if I had a an event where I wanted a perfect black cocktail dress it was always there, while that part I still think is consistently good selection; I just feel that some of the shirts are not as awesome as they used to be. Because the best part of these clothes is that you can seriously shove the whole suit in the washer or better yet when I am traveling, and in a mad rush, I really just stuff the outfits in the sink and squeeze them out mercilessly and hang them up and that stuff miraculously dries without wrinkling or shrinking. When I am like really busy running around I need that snappy awesome look. I also liked the way the clothes felt, being nicely lined and quality feeling. I don't think the clothes from other mall stores stood up to that test... So I mean, while I love my Victoria's secret online, I just sort of feel that the suits and tops at express are not what they used to be. I know the manufacturing on everything is going down hill, and I get that, I just miss the way it used to be.

#1Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love express when i was in college. The quality is great and the fashion is on point. However, with age I think I have grown out of that stage and it's no longer age approprate for me. My husband still shops there but he is cooler than me.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I also feel like I've outgrown Express. I've been pretty disillusioned with the quality in the last 5 years.

They used to have THE BEST camisole/tanks ever. (Like, I'm wearing one right now that is easily 10 years old and still looks and fits like new.) Of course they don't make them the same anymore. They also used to have these cotton/spandex long sleeved shirts that fit so nice, never fade, never shrink... I have two of them and still love them.

Wish I had 10.

Can't find a replacement.

I feel like Express is actually still on the expensive side, but worse on the quality side. Also, the coupons aren't as good anymore. 10 years ago, I used to get (regularly) those $15 off a $15 purchase when you use your Express card. Now it seems like all I get are $40 off $100... booooo..

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Express is one of the best stores to get jeans and leggings, but for overall clothes to be honest I prefer Forever 21 or H&M. Express has more expensive stuff and at least over the last year I have not found that many good stuff there. The store does not have unique pieces. Again, their jeans are awesome, but that is all I get there.

5. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    I agree that it's not as great as it used to be. I felt like they used to be more fitted as well but now some of the style are more loose? I actually joined the membership thing where I get spam with emails every time they have offer or deals which of course,they seem to always have discount. Their dress used to be pretty good but the latest one that I bought,I was a bit disappointed after I got home. The funny thing is I just bought a new blanket and It looks just like my dress print! lol

They outerwear used to be one of my favorite but now they just looks erm..weird with the exception of their leather jacket. Some of those look pretty good and I've been wanting to own one for a while. I've never really bought jeans from them but those drawstrings pants they are having right now are really just not my style.

They used to be one of the best business wear stores that I'd hit up but now they seem to turn more towards the 'casual style' which in my opinion,the price just doesn't worth to get the casual stuffs from them. Too pricey for my taste.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I personally am not a huge fan of express. Their clothing just isn't my style but I do like their jeans and work clothing. I typically will only shop there when they have the coupons ($40 off $75) etc. Overall, I don't think the quality of their clothing is all that good. Some of the pieces I have fall apart after a few washes. I rather shop at an off retailer where I can spend the same and get something of better quality.