Do you shop for Buy one get one offers?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by charahome • Dec 4, 2013.

1. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    I have found myself looking for these offers. They may have a limited amount of available items, but if I shop extras when they are on sale, I have found that I save money in the long run.

Does anyone look for this type of offer when they shop?

The other day I spent 92 cash, but the bill would have been an additional 34.00 dollars.

What is the most you have ever saved?

2. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I think it just depends. I really like shopping clearance items so it's not as common. Usually BOGO sales are usually designed for full price items. It's nice if you really want the item, but I usually stick with the clearance sales. Seems like it's cheaper overall to shop in the sale section.

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have ever gotten this offer before. It just seems so useless to me, because the price for that one shirt will always be expensive. It kind of defeated the purpose of even trying to get a decent deal.

4. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go out of my way to look for them, but when I do see them, I take advantage of it. I don't see that particular offer too often, but I wish I did. Victoria Secret sometimes has those on some of their clothing items, but that is the only time I have seen them. I wish I knew of more stores that offered buy one, get one, whether they be online or in real life.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love freebies, so yes, I do consider these sales whenever I catch them. Sometimes it's even offered in restaurants, and I especially like those. I remember our local Subway and a few of our pizza chains offering this for a while and I definitely took advantage.

6. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    Clearance sales are great options too. Yes many times the items on clearance are better price than BOGO. I have found that for groceries is a great concept, as they never go on a clearance rack. Only time to get discount is if on sale, or BOGO.

You may find me in clearance racks in clothing stores, shoes, and other apparel stores.

7. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    Yeah, groceries are perfect for BOGO offers. I never thought of that! Great point. I wish they would do more BOGO offers on make-up and personal care items. Usually, the only offers I see for makeup are Buy One get One Half Off.

8. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes - I do purchase buy one get one free offers. In the stores I shop at, these deals usually involve t-shirts, underwear and sweaters. Of course, this reality makes me happy. Who ever has enough t-shirts, underwear or sweaters.

9. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    It depends... I think you have to be careful with such deals. They are made to get you to buy stuff you normally wouldn't buy or stuff you don't need. If money isn't a problem, then I guess you can spend away. But if you are trying to conserve money, you have to really take a moment and say to yourself: do you really need it.

Anyway, I love these kind of sales when I had already planned to buy the item or if I needed to buy it. You're right -- You can save so much money this way.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have encountered some buy 1 take 1 offers before, but those were socks. I haven't encountered a buy 1 take 1 promo for clothes before. But in the supermarket, I often see those buy 1 take 1 promos quite a lot.

11. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    That's a good one to think upon. I don't actually check for this offer in particular while shopping, but I never felt like losing any chance of getting an extra one while we pay for a single one. This surely saves some part of money. But, recently I came across a situation in which I paid an extra amount which is worth more than two for just two, under the name of buy one get one. It was the shopkeeper who cheated on his customers that day. He actually imposed a very high price for a second hand article, which means to say it was a used one. I didn't get to know about that in the dazzling lights in that showroom. It was clearly evident after I come home. Then I came to know that few salesmen take this one plus one offer as an advantage to get rid of their old stock for an existing price. I immediately returned it to him and all this happened after a big argument.

12. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I don't intentionally seek buy one get one free offers on clothing. Sometimes for shirts I will get the 3 for 2 offers or something similar, but with clothing, offers are less of an issue than with food. I would rather pay more for clothing that's perfect than substantially less for clothing that I'm not accustomed to.

13. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I don't go hunting for them, but when I do see those kind of deals I'll stop and check them out. Sometimes I'll move on because its not really a deal if they've marked one up ridiculously high to make up for the other one. If I find one that is truly a deal and I can use whatever it is, then I definitely take advantage!

LOVE & DEALS,
    DH:cool:

14. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I always hunt for buy one get one free offers. These deals are great especially if you have a coupon to accompany it. I have saved a lot of money by doing this over the last few months.

15. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    It is a shame that they would take advantage of customers that way. Unfortunately, there are many persons and merchants that will take advantage of others.

Hopefully, when you come across something similar, you will be able to tell the difference.

IT is important to check the items. If you have coupons that go along with it, it is even better savings. I am not a coupon clipper. I used to do it, but ended up with more expired coupons than what I actually used.
    I do use the instant coupons i see on items when I am shopping. I dont have to save them, and dont forget them at home. :D

#15Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely do! I specially like it when Foverer 21 has their BOGO sales. They also have additional 50% off their sales items sometimes on the website, so you can get stuff for ridiculous prices! I like buy one get one deals as well on drugstores like CVS and Walgreens, they will always have sales like that for makeup, which I love to take advantage of.

17. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I only shop for buy-one-get-one offers when it is something I would want to buy for a second time. For example, if I am going to get toilet paper and it just so happens I get an extra free, I will definitely go for it.

18. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely shop buy one get one offers because I rarely need two of anything and I can usually find the items individually for a better price than the bogo offer. With that being said I once shopped CVS and bought strictly buy one get one offers with my sister (she is a sale shopping whiz) and by combining the buy one get ones with coupons we saved more than $100!

19. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the offer but my usual experience is that those buy one get one offers are a catch only. You end up with a nice piece of clothing, but the other half is something that you would not want to buy anyway.

I may actually give in if I see that the pair of clothing is actually worth buying. Also, I may buy it if it's something that I actually use quite often.

20. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    This more depends on what exactly it is that I'm buying. If it is a big brand of jeans (where the jeans are about $60), then I would rather not. During the year the price drops and you can get about 3 pairs and other things for just that price. I've seen it happen a dozen times. :) If it is food, then I would most likely go for that. Its the same tactic as 2 for 1. So, technically, I don't shop for these kinds of deals.