Do You Shop For Groceries Online? What Site Do You Use?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by crackerjack9 • Jan 22, 2015.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have buy both groceries and my whole shopping list from Walmart whether online (recently) or over the phone since at least for the past 7 years.

The service is efficient and since I am within the brick and mortar store area, shipping is free. Both online and over the phone, I have found myself surprised having the operator getting in touch with me to say there is not "X" brand or product presentation and then offering me alternatives explaining pros and cons if compared with the original item I ordered.

However I don't do this type of shopping frequently, only when I cannot go personally to buy what I need for whatever reason.

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried it and although shopping online is generally the most cost effective way for me to shop for most things - as I live quite some distance from any shopping areas - my online grocery shopping experiences didn't quite work out that way.

In fact they turned out to be quite the opposite - as apart from all the items I ordered being marked up from the normal in store price and the delivery fees being so extortionate that when added together - came to more than the fuel it would have cost for me to drive to the store - I never seemed to get exactly what I ordered - as even though the items I ordered were in stock at the time of ordering - I always landed up being sent substitutes for items I didn't want substitutes for - many of which I wouldn't even have ever considered buying. Fortunately I never ordered fresh produce - as I dread to think what I might have been sent had I done.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ugh, I got part of my order yesterday, and again they messed it up. It's not that i didn't get what I ordered, it's that the packers obviously have no training, or if they've been properly trained, they either don't care, or are purposely screwing things up, which I doubt. It really seems like common sense to me to not put certain items together, but apparently common sense doesn't come into play in this situation. I'm going to have to do another negative review, which I don't enjoy.

4. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I've only ever shopped for my groceries online and it was through Safeway. Even then when I bought things online, I would buy things that I don't mind not picking out myself (like cheese, yogurt, dried goods, etc). I'm kinda particular about my fruits and produces so I like to pick them out myself, so I always go to the store for those no matter what.

I also buy some cleaning products and toiletries online too and it's worked out well :)

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to like shopping for groceries online in England because we didn't drive, and I didn't want to get caught up in the rain and gale force wind LOL My favourite online store was by far Ocado (for Waitrose) because everything's always so fresh and clean. Sometimes I also used Sainsburys and Tesco, but the only problem I had was sometimes the fruit and veg wasn't the best. Otherwise I enjoyed them all. Sadly, in Botswana where I now live, stores have yet to cotton on to this great service :(

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live so close to Walmart that I would only consider buying groceries online from them if I had an electronic gift card and my printer was broken. I sometimes order video games from them online, so it's possible that I might add groceries to my order if I was already placing an order with them. Since I live near all three of the big box stores, I can't justify buying groceries online unless I have some kind of store credit or reward that can only be used online.

7. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Yes, I do shop groceries online, but I don't have a particular preference on a site. It all depends on the instance to be honest. Shopping online save me a lot of time.

8. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I've personally never shopping for groceries online. However, few of my friends who work really long hours do. They use Fresh Direct and Peapod (stop and shop). These are the only two I've heard of and I've heard better things from FreshDirect. I don't think the prices are too much higher, and I know they give you a few hour time frame in which they will come deliver the groceries. They also offer discount codes for new customers.

9. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I don't really see the point on doing this, what I'm looking for when I'm buying groceries is that they are fresh, and I feel like buying them on town is a way better way to select your product.