Do You Sign Up For Newsletters and Email Alerts

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Sep 11, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you buy clothes online? If you do then you'd find this useful.

Everyone hates receiving salesy emails that try to get you to spend cash when you have no intention of doing so. But do you know that someone online retailers give discounts and coupons to their subscribers [only]?

Have you ever taken advantage of such offers to buy your clothes at discounted prices?

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Rarely do I subscribe to any newsletters from sites not unless the site offers something that I'm really interested in but if I just happen to pass by the site and bought something I don't usually buy into the newsletter. But I do however received an awesome $15 discount coupon once which is really cool.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have been subscribed to a few of those in the past and found them very annoying. When I am in the market, I will look for the sales, but I don't like to receive a bunch of junk that is trying to get me to buy something I don't want. I found that most of the time those stores end up sending a ton of junk email and rarely is there a super good deal. All the sales are usually around the holidays that everyone has a sale for anyway, so I know when to check websites if I am in the market for a new item.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No, most of them are really annoying. They would lure you out with discounts and all that other stuff and then they will spam you with everything they have.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I only subscribe for a few days. When the company spams me, I unsubscribe. Deal alerts are really useful, so I try to watch out for them all the time.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I don't anymore. I never read them so I unsubscribe or don't sign up altogether. They clog my inbox. If there is a good sale going on I'll usually hear about it. The only exception for me is Gap because they send out email only coupons pretty regularly. Even so, they still over send messages to me. 2-3 times a week is too much in my opinion.

7. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Non-Spammy Shopping

I didn't know that some online deals were selective only for online customers who subscribe to a brand's newsletter. I make the effort to contact the customer service after subscribing to anything, or reading the FAQs and their online blogs to get a general idea of what to expect from their services. It is kind of annoying if they are spamming the inbox, but I don't know how to separate the deal alerts from spammy messages, so I guess I kind of search for the best ones to subscribe to.

I take advantage of initial discounts and usually they are quite satisfying. But I personally prefer the points system, like the one Gilt has on their website. I also prefer online clothing stores that allow sign-ups rather than just browsing. I think regular website visitors should probably be able to find deals by logging into their website and using their shopping carts, even if they are not subscribed to the newsletter. Something like having different deals for shoppers who don't want to be spammed.

#7Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do subscribe for ones that I use a lot, but sometimes I find that it's just added temptation and another way that excessive marketing makes its way into my day- so I'm more selective than I used to be about which ones I want in my inbox every day. It is definitely helpful sometimes though, especially around holidays and larger sales that you can get some pretty impressive discounts on. I've used them before and I'm sure I will again.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I sometimes do. There's this online clothing store that offers a discount coupon and for you to avail of that, you have to subscribe to their newsletter. So I had no choice. I simply subscribed and used the coupon to my advantage. I did wish I used it more wisely then. The items I bought didn't fit so I had to request a change for each one. I do like reading their newsletters and updates. Sometimes, when I don't have enough time to read them, they just pile in your inbox and appear so spammy.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I don't sign up for newsletters because I get so much junk mail and I do not have time to open and read those e-mails. I do sign up for stores if I am hoping for a coupon. I am signed up for a few department stores mailings so they mail coupons to my house. The JCP $10 off $10 coupons get me so much free stuff. They really add up.

11. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I don;t like buying clothes online that much to be honest, but I take advantage of the offers anyway. They take my email address and phone numbers in most of the sores. When there is a discount season going on, I do get invited to shop.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm subscribed to a couple of those newsletters, and I do notice that they give discount codes or just simply alert you about the discounted items that they have. I haven't come across any of the discounted items that I would really consider buying, but I still subscribe to their newsletters in the hope of liking something that will be on sale in the future.

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course, as if something would be lost if I did. Nothing, so why not. Besides I like receiving news and getting notified, not always though. But I actually always have the option to not read the alert. It's up to me. By the preview or the subject, I could already decide. Although I like signing up for newsletter and email alerts, I only do for those sites that I find worth to do sign up for and those that greatly interests me. And often they are really informative and entertaining. There came a point one time when I would really be checking my email just for these kinds of alerts, even if I am actually busy. When I take a break from my work or studying, I go to email and check for some entertaining alerts. Sometimes, it's worth the check and it feels rewarding. Sometime, I just feel nothing. It depends on the content.

14. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind getting the newsletters and email alerts from stores I frequently buy from online. I love getting updates on discounts for certain items I may purchase in the near future. As long as a store doesn't overwhelm me with too many emails, I am good. If the emails are useless, I always delete them anyway. I'm pretty good at keeping my email inbox spam free.