Do you sign up for rewards?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Mar 19, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    E-mail marketing hasn't lost it's relevance. That's why many online stores/sellers will entice you with rewards to sign up/subscribe for occasional updates about offers, great deals and so on. This could come in Handy for seasonal deals but they won't tell you that.

I'm curious though. If you've signed up for this kind of thing or plan to in future, do you do it for the reward or because of convenience [learning about deals before they expire]?

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I think it has lost its meaning. Not many people are signing up to those newsletters. The problem is that they spam you with all their promotions. I think more people are taking the line of social media marketing rather than using email marketing.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I like the newsletters and occasional coupons that come with them. One store that is new to my area has a lot of competition and newsletters have kept them ahead of the curve. They offer discounts based on previous purchases and sometimes have things not advertised. The only thing I don't like is that there are no personal stories on how this store has changed people's lives or anything engaging.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are right. Even though most marketing emails are annoying, I must say they sometimes work for me. It is not rare for me to pay attention to marketing emails when they are offering something I'm interested in. And to answer your main question, I usually am interested in rewards if I notice the real benefit. I mainly sign up for credit card abd supermarket rewards.

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I sign up for reward programs for stores that I shop at often. You can save a lot of money by signing up and even earn free items with certain companies. I go to the movies often so with my reward card I am able to earn free food and movies. JustFab also has a great reward program.