Do you sleep during the day?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wjack2010 • Mar 27, 2012.

1. wjack2010

wjack2010New Member

Threads:
    I don't sleep during the day, but do you?

2. baby.kaye

baby.kayeNew Member

Threads:
    This is a good question for the kids. I, for one had been a kid and now that I'm all grown up I'm proud to say that I still do not sleep during the day. I relax and lay on the bed but I cannot sleep even if I wanted too. I don't know why but I just can't sleep when the sun is up.

3. kreso93

kreso93New Member

Threads:
    I sometimes sleep during the day, if I had a hard time at the work or if I'm really tired.

4. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm tired or ill, I usually find myself getting some kind of sleep during the day, whether I go to bed and sleep or just get a power nap on the couch for half an hour while watching the telly.

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Yesterday I had such a good nap! At 5pm... I feel like I am becoming such an old person since I need to nap during the day! I find myself so tired when I get home from work, that sometimes I just need a nap. My bed is awful, and my kittens tend to play all night, so sometimes a nap is the only sleep I get!

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I consider myself nocturnal and for some reason, ideas just come to me when the sun is down which in result makes me sleep in the morning. Good thing that I work at home as a writer so it doesn't really matter if I am not active during the daytime. I am actually working on altering my body clock but it's really a lot harder than I though now that I am already used to it. I could use some tips if you guys have any for me. Thanks!

7. crowan

crowanNew Member

Threads:
    When I was in HS I would stay up until four in the morning and then wake up at six for school. I would come home at three and sleep until seven, do it over again. Sometimes I take power naps throughout the day, but I couldn't do that again.

8. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    It really depends on how much sleep I get the night before! Haha usually I don't get too much; I always seem to be tired.

I'd say about 60% of the time I sleep during the day. If I'm busy, I can make it through awake most of the time! :)

9. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    No, I could be sleeping right now, but instead I am playing on the computer. I have 3 kids and kind of forgot what it means to sleep. I just go until I can't go anymore, typically until about 11pm and then crash. Maybe if I didn't have kids, I would take naps. But, for now the naps will have to wait until I am a grandma.

10. kcampbell

kcampbellNew Member

Threads:
    I completely agree. I have 3 little one that keep me on my feet all day. When I was a kid life was so easy. I did not know how easy I had it until I grew up.

#10Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  11. cwilson72180

cwilson72180Banned

Threads:
    Yes, I have a problem with sleeping during the day, actually. I slept a lot today. I just couldn't stay awake for anything. I try to not take naps but it doesn't work because I end up getting tired and laying down for a couple of hours. Very bad habit that I wish I could break.

12. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I usually dont sleep in the day. Sometimes I'll take a quick 15 minute power nap at work but usually I'm still awake I just relax my mind & chill for a few minutes :)

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I rarely do. I don't like napping so much as when I do, I'm not sleepy at night and end up staying up and messing up my biological clock.

14. pambeacher

pambeacherActive Member

Threads:
    I like to take a doze every now and then. Usually around 3 or 4 my eyes get very heavy. So, I sleep for an hour or so.....

15. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a completely different sleep schedule where I would sleep during the day, but then I got depressed being up only at night. So I decided to sleep at night again and stay up during the day.

16. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely sleep past 8 AM, and that is on the weekend. During the week I am up early to get the kids on the school bus. I am usually up late so I am not sure how I do not sleep later on the weekends! I get tired sometimes during the day, but I am not able to nap unless I am sick or only had a couple hours of sleep the night before.

17. Nanatracyann

NanatracyannNew Member

Threads:
    I used to always take naps during the afternoon when my children where young. Now I sleep a few hours during the afternoon when I am kept up during the night from my husband snoring! I find that usually I feel worse if I sleep during the day. So I really try to stay up as long as I can and then go to bed a little earlier at night!

18. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    I take naps during the day with my children. I have two kids that are both toddlers and usually the best way for me to make sure that they take their naps is by sitting in the room and waiting for them to fall asleep. By the time they're asleep, I'm too tired to get up so I just take a little nap with them.

19. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Sadly, yes I do. I try NOT to. But there are times when I simply just can't help it. But I refuse to take any sort of uppers to keep myself awake.

20. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Sleep during the day? What's that? I haven't slept during the day since elementary school and now that I'm pregnany I barely sleep even at night. I think sleep is a far away land for me now and for quite some time :eek: