Do you sleep during the day?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wjack2010 • Mar 27, 2012.

1. DrakenV

DrakenVMember

Threads:
    Barely! Lately I've been busy doing so much stuff. School, work, as well as other activities I do in my free time.
    No time for sleep anymore, haha!

2. Damon halden

Damon haldenNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah i sleep during the day because i think that sleeping is the best thing to get rid of boring and to pass the time . When i get bored i just go to sleep and after waking up i feel more energetic and fresh . My bed is awful, and my kittens tend to play all night, so sometimes a nap is the only sleep I get!

3. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Sometimes, when I'm really really tired and I have time. But I hate sleeping during the day! When I get up after that I feel cranky and I hate the world. I feel like I missed the whole day and I feel soooo bad! And I can't fall asleep at night!

4. agoodwriter

agoodwriterNew Member

Threads:
    I don't have even change to sleep at daytime, because i got my annoying day job! I'm doing hamburgers at our local Hesburger and dreaming about getting home to sleep. Soon i'll hopefully can quit my job and get a new one!.

5. R. Paradon

R. ParadonNew Member

Threads:
    I am retired and live a life of ease. I generally go to sleep between 1 or 2 am and rise at 7 fully refreshed almost every day...but I do like the option of taking a nap on occasion. Most of my life I have fallen asleep when tired and wake up when I have enough rest.

6. Popatar

PopatarMember

Threads:
    Ughh, don't even get me started.

I am such a nocturnal person. I have a very hard time sleeping at night. I cant relax and I spend hours trying to fall asleep. Ever since I was young I can remember having problems falling asleep.

It wasn't until I started taking naps after school that I realized am nocturnal. I can fall asleep within minutes in the day time, I don't even have to try. Its a lot harder now that I'm in high school. There is little time to sleep in the day. Hopefully it gets better next year when I go to university since I will be taking classes late in the afternoon and evening.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I would like to, but I have a lot of trouble sleeping even at night. If I have the ability to just take a 30 minute nap on demand I would be in heaven. It's a very healthy practice to take afternoon naps, it really revitalizes your body mid-day. I do try and succeed on occasion and it feels great when it happens.

8. obadiah

obadiahNew Member

Threads:
    I like to take naps on occasion. Even when I was in grade school and as a teenager I would often take naps on Sunday afternoon after my family got home from church. Now I tend to run in cycles; I'll nap for several days in a row and then go quite awhile before I nap again. I love to sleep during the day in the summer with the window open and the curtains blowing gently, it is so relaxing and I feel so refreshed when I wake up.

9. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    No way! I have kids and they would destroy the house if I fell asleep for a little while lol. I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old, my son does like taking naps but I have never been able to get my daughter to take naps or at the same time as my son so it's practically impossible to take a nap with them.

10. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I really try not to sleep in too much. I don't have a choice during the week because I have to wake up to take the kids to school. The weekend, however, I get an extra couple of hours but I still try to wake up earlier than the kids. If I don't, there's no telling what I might wake up to! I'd love to be able to sleep until around 12 just once.

11. Ella Bella

Ella BellaNew Member

Threads:
    If I had only five hours of sleep then I am always tempted to take a nap at some point during the day. I try to ignore the urge or else it will mess up my sleep schedule. My cat sleeps enough for the both of us. I used to take naps back in high school after I get home from school. During those days I used to stay up until 3-3:30am aimlessly chatting online. I continued to take day naps even after I entered college.

12. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    I don't sleep through the day often. The only times I will is if I have woken up really early for work and know that I am going somewhere later that night, I'll need to get some sleep before I go anywhere or else I'll fall asleep where I go haha!

13. amanda143

amanda143New Member

Threads:
    Yes, but I don't use to sleep everyday at day time. It may be sometimes when I use to sleep even further or short words I use to sleep only when I am so much tired and not able to work more . So to feel relax I felt asleep. What about you friends

#33Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  14. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I love my naps during the day. I work three hours a night, every night, so sometimes I don't get to be until 2 or 3 am. During the week I have to be back up at 6 am to get my kids off to school, so a nap is definitely in order during these days. I usually lay down in the early afternoon with a book and eventually drift off to catch a few hours before my kids get home from school.

15. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly No.

I try to stay away from sleeping during the day. Whenever I get tired I usually do anything to try to stay awake. Play games, jog in place, eat a little bit...I don't care I have to stay awake. The thing that happens to me when I take naps during the day is I cannot fall asleep at night. Say I take a 2 hour nap at 5 pm, and wake at 7. That means that I will be up all night long and my sleeping habits will be disturbed once again. I don't even have good sleeping habits to begin with so its very important to me that I keep to a specified routine.

16. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I occasionally take naps around 3pm when I get home from my last class of the day.

17. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I couldn't take naps until my 30s, so I think its a sign of getting old. I had to switch rooms with my kids because I didn't get much sunlight into my bedroom and I would take all sorts of unplanned naps. I always wake up feeling refreshed, but then I've wasted two hours of my day literally doing nothing. There is research being done that taking naps as adults reduces your risk of hypertension and lowers anxiety, so there may be benefits to be lazy!

18. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    Hah, I wish I could take naps. I'm too busy to...
    When I'm off from school in the summer, I might start taking naps more often...
    The only thing I hate about taking naps is that I won't be able to sleep well at night, and it messes with my sense of time...

19. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I have an 11 month old daughter so I nap when she does. Other then that I don't sleep much during the day.

20. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    If I have some time to kill, I'll take a little nap. I don't do that very often because I want to be good and tired when it's time to go to bed.