Do you sleep during the day?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wjack2010 • Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    If I am tired, have free time available, and it happens to be daytime, then yes, I will snag a nap. It's a lot harder now, with a toddler than it was in my carefree days of single life.

2. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I try not to because I'm the type of person that is good to go so long as they get sleep, whenever that sleep may be. Therefore whenever I sleep during the day I end up lying in bed awake for literally hours at night. Sometimes if I'm tired during the day I'll lie down for half an hour or so, but I don't sleep.

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a rigid sleep cycle. Whenever I feel tired I go to sleep. It could be during the day or it could be during the night. Sometimes I even go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 10pm to get online to do my work.

4. goodselfme

goodselfmeMember

Threads:
    I sleep so well that I don't want to disturb my night time sleep so I do not sleep during the day. If I am sick I might sleep in the daytime, but otherwise I don't sit in an easy chair or nap at all.

5. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    A nice nap is really refreshing. The day might be wasted but a nice long nap in a cozy bed is exactly what you need sometimes. On an unrelated noteI tried to reverse my sleeping patterns once. It did more good that bad. lol

6. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    No, I don't sleep in the daytime. I don't think I ever have, either.

7. masteraljon

masteraljonMember

Threads:
    . i wish i can sleep at the day, but due to my day shift study, i cant.

8. Benleem

BenleemNew Member

Threads:
    Used to work in the graveyard shift and still do when I have a lot of writing to do. So I usually sleep a lot during the day to be fresh at night. I love working when it's all quiet.

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    There was one time when I worked the graveyard shift three months in a row because I was taking a day course. After a while, working at night and sleeping during the day became second nature.

10. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have time, though a 45 minute in the afternoons does make me a much happier person that's for sure.

11. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    I usually take a nap with my daughter, who is 17 months. It's my best sleep because there's more room in the bed when hubby's gone to work. I try to feel guilty about it.....

12. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I try not to because it's really hard for me to wake and get up. But sometimes I just can't resist and yes, I take a nap during the day. However, some years ago it was something beyond my mind, I couldn't fall asleep if it wasn't dark outside.

13. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't because when I wake up, I feel groggier than ever and slightly disoriented.

14. liam1993osten

liam1993ostenNew Member

Threads:
    if sleeping during the day past 1pm then no i usually wake up around then go to bed late wake up late. Im not a mornign person nor will i ever be. Night life is so much more fun then day thats my opinion. most of the time if i have to wake up early i get mad or just go back to sleep i hate mornings!

15. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I don't sleep during the day. I go to bed early and wake up early. I am usually up in the mornings before 6:00, often I get up at 5:00. Sometimes I do get tired during the day and might take a nap. A short one, 15-20 minutes and then I am not tired anymore.

16. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    I like to take naps during the day if that's what you mean. I used to sleep alot as a kid as everyone does, but when I sleep in the afternoon nowadays, I won't be able to sleep well at night.

17. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    On a normal basis I don't sleep during the day but right now I'm pregnant. I have been taking about an hour nap during the day when my kids are at school. It's nice because I'm low on energy right now. I know when the baby comes I still might be tired but I will get that energy back.

18. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    Sometimes, I sleep during the day. Sometimes not. It actually depends on what time I fall asleep. I have no specific time of sleep, I just make sure that I have at least 6 hours of sleep per day.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I do sleep during the day and loving it. I am a night owl and my body clock don't work for day hours. That is not all the time but yes, I can do it. I was not made to sleep at night. The night time is when everything is quiet and peaceful and you can get a lot of work done and keep things on key. I work best at night and day hours are just not for me. I don't know how people get up at 3:00am or 4:00 am for work. It's just not for me even though I use to do it and it almost killed me.

20. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have to get up early everday to homeschool my children. My man works evening and often does not get in till around 10:00 pm. So I have to take a nap in the afternoons just to keep up with this crazy schedule. Its amazing how a short 1-2 hour power nap will rejuvinate you.