Do you sleep during the day?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wjack2010 • Mar 27, 2012.

1. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I do know what you mean, because a power nap is the thing that gives you that extra energy to go about your day or night I should say. It's more refreshing than a complete nights sleep to me. I feel so wonderful when I sleep in the day hours. It seems as though I have been resting for days instead of a few hours in the day. It's nothing better than that. I just love it.

2. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't sleep during the day. If I do feel tired, I will get a 30 minute nap. I am usually too busy to nap though.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like to sleep during the day. It really throws me off. I feel as if it should be the next day, but it isn't. Then I go to sleep later than normal and I'm off to late start the next day.

4. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I have started a bad habit of sleeping during the day. Now, I'm up all night. Plus, I have a new medication and it makes me sleepy. I feel like a vampire. lol!!

5. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    When I only had one daughter I would take naps with her and man do I miss those times. Now I have another son and I can never get them to take naps at the same time so I hardly ever get to sleep during the day.

6. crowan

crowanNew Member

Threads:
    I'm usually up until close to four in the morning which causes me to sleep until one-ish, I've always been a night owl and I definitely get more done at night in terms of work.

7. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Sleeping during the day as in a nap? Well, yes, I do! My partner says it is the only time I smile widely :D Given that we work pretty much about 18 - 20 hours a day, we do tend to take a nap, so that we could stay up till 4 or 5 in the morning to catch up with our US clients. I would definitely consider napping professionally if someone would pay me for it!

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Oh yes I know what you mean, I wish someone would pay me to sleep and we would be in business. That would be the best news I could ever get and would be lovin-it. I do have a lot of things I have to get caught up on during the day that no one can take care of for me but my, my, if I could just do that I could make a million dollars shortly. LOL!

9. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    As a rule I don't sleep during the day - I have a busy work schedule so I don't really get time. However, if I have had a bad night's sleep I sometimes have to nap or I can't concentrate on my work. I am definitely a night owl though - I would stay up all night and sleep all day if I could!

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I would also but I do have to do some chores during the day because nothing is open at night business wise. I have to keep up with that but when I don't I slip a nap in ther somehow so I can get refreshed and I feel so good and I am on to get up and go mode. It is very important I think that people should be allowed to take a nap when ever it is needed so they can become refreshed and be in a better frame of mind to do whatever job that they are required to do and it will make a better employee of that person.

11. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Ooooh I love naptime. I usually get headaches whenever I don't get naps during the day. So basically it's either 2 cups of coffee or a 45-minute power nap.

12. Declan

DeclanBanned

Threads:
    Hi Wjack,
    I took 1 hour power nap in day timing to make my body and mind active. I sleep for 8 hours in a day as it is recommended to sleep for 7/8 hours for a healthy lifestyle. Sleeping in day timing sharpens my attention and and reduce inflammation.

13. mark500

mark500New Member

Threads:
    I mostly sleep during day time because night is all reserved for friends, beer and cigarettes!!!:p

14. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I usually don't sleep during daytime but if I am having a day off or have nothing better to do then I catch some sleep. I have read somewhere that it is beneficial to sleep for some time even during day as it helps in recharging your brain. I think that's why the concept of powernap is so popular, people working in higher management positions have to be attentive all day so I'm sure small naps help them out.

15. Wasabi

WasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I hate taking naps personally. I feel even more sleepy and my head starts to hurt if I take a 15 minute nap. I highly prefer sleeping all at once.

16. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    I never sleep during the day...no, never say never...:) Once in a while, when I am beyond the ability to stay awake from fatigue or illness I may sleep in the afternoon but otherwise never.

17. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I never used to nap and couldn't have imagined "wasting" part of my day napping when I could be doing some sport! That was prior to my car accident and medications. Now I can't get through a day without a nap (I like to blame it on the meds LOL) and my friends can always tell if it is late in the day and I haven't had my 2 hour nap yet. And my body is SO regulated that my naps last nearly exactly 2 hours and I feel refreshed and ready to go for about another 5 hours at which time I call it a night (usually) and manage 2 hours before I am up again...which means I am up all night

18. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I find it very difficult to sleep during the day. Once I wake up in the morning, I just can't seem to get sleep until its night again. There are days when I can fall asleep in the daytime but that's only when I'm ill or really tired. I always find some way or the other to keep myself busy and maybe that's why I have trouble with sleep coming to me easily.

19. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    +1 , I do have troubles with sleeping during the day too.

20. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I don't sleep during the day at all. The only exception is if I am sick. Other than that, I am up until 12-1am most of the time, and up at 6:30am.